Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 3:15pm
I usually have 2-3 or more going all at once LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 5:48pm
I usually have only one project on needles because if I start more than one project at a time, I have an anxiety attack thinking about how much I have to finish! LOL
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 5:58pm

Usually it's one at a time, but last year I started participated in what another board calls "Stitchalongs" and got in over my head with one (Snowman's Alphabet) in January 2003! So I thought, why not start something new to get a break from Snowman and perhaps my interest in Snowman will revive. Well, to make a long story short --- five of the seven items in my WIPs list in my signature were new projects started to revive my interest in Snowman...

Why didn't I do "little" projects, you ask? WEll, I did, and finished them, but they simply got to the point where they weren't interesting any more either... After all, how many holiday ornaments can one use, especially when you have nearly 40 years of ornaments collected from all over the world to accommodate as well?

SO, right now, I have seven (Snowman, the five started to revive my interest, and another January 2003 UFO I slotted in when I finally got all those holiday ornaments assembled!) in rotation *and* there is usually a knitting project in a drawer for those late nights when I can't focus on the tiny stitches any more but am not sleepy enough to go to bed and my hands still itch for something to DO...

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Amish Quilt Sampler", designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Told in a Garden

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 8:56pm

I usually have two or three WIP's with one of them the main one I work on...the others are just for a change once in a while. I crochet with yarn and thread so if the main one is yarn the other may be thread and vice versa.

Martha

Martha

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2005 - 9:12pm

I usually have a minimum of 3, right now it's 5, and the most I've had is 7.

All are different textures and concentration levels for various relaxation needs. Also some have cycles of, say, four rows for a pattern so I have to have the time to do the four rows so I don't forget where I am because the darn sticky notes don't always stay where they are suposed to.

I get bored easily too.

LOL, Kat

(I just bought $40 of silk mohair and a pattern for a shawl this weekend, the darn shop was having a sale. The yarn is so fine it's like knitting with fuzzy sewing thread. The shawl is going to be as light as a cobweb when it's done. I've done the bottom point up about 8 inches so far just to see what it will look like. It's awesome! OH, burgundy if you are wondering LOL. That's my latest splurge....maybe someday I should actually start the $90 shawl? *sheepish grin*)

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 7:34am

Two or three, depending...

Right now I have two, and am going to start a third.

~*~Pattie~*~
~*~Pattie~*~
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 10:32am

I usually have two or three on the go at once, for the reason that I tend to get bored sometimes, so taking a break on one project to start another often gets me re-interested in my original one, especially if its taking a long time to come together.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 10:33am
I'd love to see that mohair shawl when its done - if you can :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 10:33am

Hi Pattie!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-22-2005 - 8:34pm

LOL Remind me next year when I finish it k?

I'll have to send it to you because I don't have the "package" anymore since I'm not CLing and I don't want to pay for it.

But I will take pictures of it!

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

Pages