How was everyones weekend?

iVillage Member
How was everyones weekend?
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 4:07pm
I had a great weekend, my sister, husband and daughter came to visit. We had a great visit, went shopping, saw a movie, and ate all weekend! I am now just cleaning up the house and getting ready to sit down and knit for a while. Dh is off with a friend and the kids are playing video games. What did everyone else do this weekend?
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 6:57pm

It was cold, and wet on Saturday, so I basically hibernated.

Stitched a little on "Golden Gate Avenue" (clearly the fabric provided with the kit is too small --- about 20 stitches too small, so I'm going to have to modify the pattern, leaving off the left adn right sides of the piece... hope it doesn't look too silly, but with the middle third done, it's gone too far to start over --- if I tried ripping it out, I'd lose so much floss I wouldn't have enough to do the kit a second time...) and started stitching a little on "Winter's Twilight" this afternoon...

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Amish Quilt Sampler", designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum for Told in a Garden

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-03-2005 - 7:47pm
went grocery shopping on Sunday....not much else....it was OK....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 11:47am

I had a great weekend!!

Saturday Fabricland was having a huge sale so I went to pick up some new fabric for some curtains and new pillows.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 12:27pm
Heather, I also watched Ladder 49 this weekend. I loved it, what did you think?
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 12:58pm

I really liked it too - I expected more of an action type film vs a drama, but I really thought the characters were really well developed and I liked the plot :)

I'd recommend it to anyone!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 2:14pm

I have been wanting to make the purse that my local AC Moore store has been teaching classes on without taking the classes (too expensive and the store is 30 min away from my home and I really have no time for all that driving and the class with two small kids at home) However, they wouldn't give me the pattern without taking the class. However, I was in Michael's picking up some fun fur for a scarf (Christmas present) and overheard some ladies talking about that purse. I got myself into the conversation and got myself a copy of the pattern!!! Wahooo! Of course, I'm new to knitting so I don't really know how to follow all the directions, but the lady offered to help me with it!

So I went to AC Moore this weekend to get the supplies (Michael's doesn't sell them). I spent $50 (circular needles, 3 skeins of wool, and 2 decorative threads to use with it) and four skeins of fun fur for another scarf (this was on sale). I'm very excited but I have promised myself I won't get another project started until I finish at least one. here is what I'm working on now - 1. Soccer scrapbook for my son 2. Scrapbook for each son of all their professionally made pictures - these are currently in magnetic page albums and already starting to yellow 3. Cherub crossstitch - over half way done 4. Scarf for a Christmas gift 5. and I've ordered a pattern to make my younger son a train quilt for him to use when he graduates from his baby bed to a big boy bed sometime this year!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 3:06pm
Wow! You're busy. I used to cross stitch, but I got bored with it and gave all of my supplies to my neice who really enjoys it. My sister and mom both quilt, but I haven't attempted that yet either. I guess I am just happy with my knitting right now, although I did aquire my MIL's old sewing machine when she died, so maybe some day if the mood to learn strikes me, I can get it up and running. I have it opened up in my living room and everyone always coments on it when they see it. It's beautiful.