QOTW - You know those projects....

iVillage Member
QOTW - You know those projects....
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 11:26am

...the "dream" one I asked about last week?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 12:44pm
Oh, I definitely need more time to attempt a project like that. I would take A LOT of time picking out just the right pattern and yarn. I would probably take a knitting class that would teach me how to tackle steeks. Oh, one of these days. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 4:07pm

I finished the main part of the baby gift. Now I am starting with the second part of it. Once I get that all done and sent off I'm going to cast on and start working "that shawl". It'll get into the circulation that way and at least it will be started.

That will mean this:

1) DH's sweater = one sleeve and the neckband

2) My Cardigan = two fronts and two sleeves to go...woo hooo *grin*

3) My "Cobweb" shawl = it's the size of a half a bandana folded crosswise

4) "That Shawl"

I want to get DH's sweater done next and then put some serious time in on my cardigan. The shawls will be nice breaks in texture for my fingers but take OH so much more concentration.

I want to add socks to this also for a different technique (in the round).

In a nutshell, I'm about two weeks away from casting on for That Shawl.

It's exciting!

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2005 - 12:48pm

Ohhh, I haven't been around in a few weeks but my dream project would probably be this Calvin Klein sweater I think that I saw an ad for in Lucky magazine's April issue. It was this lavendar and it just shined. I saved the picture but I doubt I will find that particular pattern. It does inspire me though. In order for me to get anywhere near that I would have to learn how to do sleeves or anything round like that or socks and I would have to learn to increase and decrease properly. Luckily, I have a great knitting mentor who could teach me all the tricks of the trade!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->