fraying yarn! how do i finish ends?

iVillage Member
fraying yarn! how do i finish ends?
Sun, 04-10-2005 - 12:21pm
I'm new to this board so hi everyone. I do have a question about Bernat Baby Coordinates Yarn. Has anyone ever used this? The ends fray quite badly and I am wondering how I am supposed to finish off the project. (it's a crocheted baby afghan with two colors,chevron design)
I've put knots in all the loose ends to prevent further fraying, but won't this make for a "lumpy" afghan?
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2005 - 3:56pm
Hi and welcome to the board! I have never used this yarn before but are you weaving in your ends? I have never tied knots before because it definitely makes for a lumpy afghan.
I was always taught to leave some length on the ends so they can be weaved in at the end of the project. I hope this helped. Pam
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2005 - 8:42pm
Hi Pam. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do leave length to weave in, but this is just really weird yarn! I am now trying to carry the colors on the side and not cut them off so I don't have to weave. Then I'll do a border around all when it's done. I'll see how this works out. If there is anyone out there who has used Bernat Baby Coordinate yarn, I would love to know how this worked for you.
Thanks again.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2005 - 10:42am

Hi and welcome to the board!

I would second the notion of just weaving the ends into the afghan...if you leave the ends long enough it the frayed end will be weaved throughout and wont be a problem.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting