iVillage Member
How's Everyone doing?
Fri, 04-15-2005 - 10:21am

Good Morning!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2005 - 7:09pm

Hi Heather!

It's been really busy for me this week, too. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I didn't get to knit as much as I usually do. My boss wants me to get this certification as well and the classes start this Monday and meet twice a week in the evenings for the next two months. I won't be able to go to my weekly Sit and Stitch until June and my knitting mentor is gone all of next month. So needless to say, I'm bummed!

I've started a tanktop and am at the part where I'm going to start the armholes and since I'm a fairly new knitter I'm running into problems and learning new things. I still work on my scarves too but I figure I have until it gets cold again to wear them so they can afford to wait. I've been wanting to start a shawl or a wrap or something next but I really am determined to have at least one project completely done. I didn't knit the tanktop in rounds so I still have to do the other half! Tricky those decreases!

I hope that you are having a good weekend with your sister. Does she knit too? Do you think she'd want to learn? Hope things don't get too crazy for you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2005 - 11:36am

Hey Angel!

My weekend was pretty good - we had a late night Saturday but overall she was just really excited to spend time with me and was willing to do anything (video games, darts, board games)

She doesn't knit or crochet yet, and I never even thought of asking her if she'd like to learn - good idea!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 10:19am

I'm sure your sister would love to learn especially if she is as crafty as you claim. My sister is 6 years younger than me and I think she got her craftiness from me. She actually picked up knitting before I did but I think her interest in it has waned as of late.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about not being able to go to my Sit and Stitch. We actually meet at the Michael's that we all took knitting classes at. Our knitting lady, who I've mentioned many times on the board, is present so you can ask her for any sort of help you need and you pretty much just bring your own project. I had 4 classes before the Sit and Stitch with these ladies and I think we all pretty much realized we'd miss each other if we didn't meet once a week to knit. It's great because we all have different backgrounds, are of different ages, and in different stages in life and here we all are learning how to knit together. We pay $10 a week, pay as you go, for the space and I guess for our knitting lady to be there.

I was in the middle of posting to your tank top pattern thread the other day and somehow it got lost. But I found this pattern book at Michael's called Trendy Knit Tops by Leisure Arts. It has 13 patterns by Joyce Wang and they are all like knit halter or tank tops. They are very cute and like stuff that you would find at the store. The directions tell you to knit in rounds but I'm not since I haven't done it before. I'm sure you'd have no problems with the patterns. You should check it out if you can get your hands on one. Maybe you'll find something cute in there.

So far my week has been less crazy but we'll see. My parents and sister and dog are coming to visit this weekend so that should be fun! Hope your week is going well!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2005 - 10:38am

Good Morning!

Thanks for posting that book - I'm going to look for it at the library right away here (on their site) or maybe I'll hit chapters after work.