What's everyone reading?

iVillage Member
What's everyone reading?
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 7:25am
I love to read as well as knit and was wondering if anyone else does. I just finished "A million little pieces" by James Frey. It's a true story about his drug addicted life. I usually don't read books like this, but my sister read it and highly recommended it. I couldn't put it down. Right now I am reading the new Philip Margolin book, but I can't remember the name of it. I just got it from the library and so far so good. I am a huge fan of his. James Patterson is another one of my favorites. What does everyone else like to read?
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 10:41am

I'm a big reader :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 11:36am

I tend to read mystery/crime fiction (favorite authros are usually British, but not always), science fiction and history/biography... Basically, if it doesn't move and has words on it, I read it! LOL

Anyway, right now, I'm reading "To the Best of My Ability: The American Presidents" by Society of American Historians (Corporate Author), James M. McPherson (Editor), David Rubel (Editor)

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Follow Me to "Environmental Living"

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Catch the Stars", a Dimensions Gold Collection Petite, no designer named

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 12:16pm

Where on earth do you guys find time to read with crocheting/ knitting, kids, work, etc. You are such an impressive bunch of very efficient ladies. I can only hope that when I have children I can still be as productive as you guys are!

Well, as you can see from my comment above, I haven't read a "book" in a LONG time. However, I do read magazines, does that count. My favorite is Real Simple.

JJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 4:11pm

LOL I was just whining to my DH tuesday night that I needed a new book to read. I read mostly fantasy (sci-fi/fantasy) and am going nuts waiting for the new Harry Potter book and I've also just found out that a new Wheel of Time book from Robert Jordan is coming out this fall (#11 I believe). I have many favorite authors so I'll spare you a run down but the one that got me involved in fantasy was Piers Anthony and his Xanth novels. There's 27 of them so far and I've read almost every one. Man, I've been reading him for approximately 15-20 years.

I do need another book to read, badly. I have books lined up to read but they're parenting/teaching books and one womens history. All good but not what I'm desiring right now.

So, in a nutshell the only thing I'm reading right now are sock patterns. LOL

~Yarn On!

Kat

http://baldsheep.blogspot.com/

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2005 - 10:31pm

I love to read as well. My favorites to read are the English chick lit books right now or the chick lit that takes place in NYC for some reason. I like ones lately that are light so I can still knit and read and take care of the kids and home.

Tracy