Happy Friday Everyone!!
1. When was the last time you:
* Went swimming? === would have to be when we lived in Houston, TX so that was probably 1991 * Took a hike? === a real hike? When we lived in the Bay Area and were in training for another couple's trip to New Zealand (we were their coaches! LOL). So that would be the summer of 1987 when we did ten miles minimum on the Regional Park trails every weekend * Saw a movie? === in a theater? It was "Love, Actually" so quite a while ago! Maybe a year and a half or so... * Ate ice cream? === three nights ago we went to the "Sundae Station" in town and had soft cones (mine was a small vanilla, chocolate dipped) * Jumped for joy? === I've been joyful, but never jumped...
2. Who is:
* your best friend? === would have to be Peggy, in Knoxville or Janet in Berkeley * your biggest inspiration? === my parents * your worst enemy? === ooo, that boss's wife from Saudi Arabia * your first friend? === Rita ---we were friends all the way through grade school to present (although it's down to cards each Christmas now) * your soulmate? === DH, I guess
3. What is your favorite:
* food? === if it's made with a potato, I love it * drink? === diet cola (and I don't care if it's Coke or Pepsi! Heresy, I know but there it is) * color? === orangey red * smell? === a bake shop * sound? === a cat purring
4. What time do you:
* wake up? === with the sun * go to bed? === I fall asleep around midnight or 1 AM * eat lunch? === when I remember, around noon * eat dinner? === when DH gets out of the garden so these days, pretty late (8-ish) * clean? === clean what? he litter box? when I get up? Me? when I get up? the house --- as little as possible!
5. Would you ever:
* skydive? === no way (fear of heights) * eat a bug? === no way (EWWW!) * bungee jump? === no way (fear of heights, again) * drive a race car? === no way (I don't see the thrill) * scuba dive? === no way (not that good a a swimmer)
Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank
Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17
Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131
Wednesdays: "Catch the Stars", a Dimensions Gold Collection Petite, no designer named
Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57
Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20
Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn
Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold
CL for "
Went swimming? Monday (I swim 1500yds, 3X a week)Took a hike? WednesdaySaw a movie? Sunday, 06/12 (Mr and Mrs Smith)Ate ice cream? Yesterday eveningJumped for joy? Hmmm...I jump for joy for just about everything, including Fridays!
your best friend? My DHyour biggiest inspiration? My Momyour worst enemy? Myselfyour first friend? Hmmmm...my next door neighbor when I was 6, Janet. I have no idea where she is now.your soulmate? My DH
food? Wow, I like everything. I really like pastries.drink? Cokecolor? Olive Greensmell? Orangessound? Waves crashing on the beach
wake up? I hit the snooze button 3 times at 30min intervals starting at 6:45amgo to bed? Anywhere between 11:30 and 1:00eat lunch? 11:30eat dinner? 6:00clean? Anytime
skydive? Nope, I cannot bring myself to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.eat a bug? Nope, unless I didn't know it was a bug.bungee jump? Nope, I'm an engineer and I know too much about what could go wrong.drive a race car? Sure, I'll try that.scuba dive? Yes, DH and I were PADI certified in 1995. We LOVE to dive.
Oh...I'm changing my favorite sound to rain and thunder too, just like Heather. I forgot that sound since it hasn't rained here in about 6 weeks! I LOVE thunderstorm nights. I sleep so well.
When was the last time you:
Went swimming? yesturday at the local pool with my sonTook a hike? a month ago went geocachingSaw a movie? Last Thursday I saw "Shark Boy and Lava Girl" with my sonAte ice cream? Last night I had one of those SKinny cow icecream sandwichesJumped for joy?I was happy and jumping when I was playing basketball with my son does that count?2. Who is:
your best friend? I have 3.....my dh, Jen(my long time friend from gradeschool)and Gina who makes me laugh your biggiest inspiration?my son Joshua your worst enemy? Don't want to get into that one.....your first friend? Her name is Molly but I haven't seen her since Kindergartenyour soulmate?3. What is your favorite:
food?Nachos drink? pepsi or water or milkcolor? redsmell? anything spicy like cinniomonsound?That baby laugh that comes from the stomach4. What time do you:
wake up? work days at 5am, non work days anytime between 7-9go to bed?work nights 9:30 non work nights when I am tired eat lunch? nooneat dinner?6-7pm clean?Whenever I can cause that is a tricky question5. Would you ever:
skydive? maybeeat a bug? yesbungee jump? maybedrive a race car? noscuba dive?no
Went swimming? last yearTook a hike? last yearSaw a movie? tuesday nightAte ice cream? last nightJumped for joy? don't jump, it hurts LOL
your best friend? Megyour biggiest inspiration? I take inspiration everywhere your worst enemy? fearyour first friend? Leslieyour soulmate? DH
food? mexicandrink? margaritascolor? green, except for clothing, periwinklesmell? lilacssound? deep toned wind chimes & birds in the morning, unless I'm trying to sleep
wake up? ROFL, anywhere from 6:30 am to 11:00 amgo to bed? between 10 pm and 1 ameat lunch? nooneat dinner? 5:00clean? morning, before my shower
skydive? NOPEeat a bug? NOPEbungee jump? NOPEdrive a race car? YES! (well I would have before I had kids to stay alive for)scuba dive? probably not
Went swimming? Last year
Took a hike? Never
Saw a movie? The Ring 2
Ate ice cream? About 2 weeks ago
Jumped for joy? Can't remember2. Who is:
your best friend? My sister
your biggiest inspiration? I don't have one
your worst enemy? I don't have one of those either
your first friend? Lisa Blaisedell, I have no idea where she is nowyour soulmate? My DH
drink? Iced Tea
smell? Anything my DH cooks
sound? My children laughing
wake up? About 6 am
go to bed? Anywhere from 8-10
eat lunch? Around noon if I have time
eat dinner? About 5:30
clean? Everyday, all day, It's how I make my living5. Would you ever:
eat a bug? Nope
bungee jump? Nope
drive a race car? Nope
scuba dive? Absolutely
Friday's Five on Saturday.. Happy weekend all.
Went swimming? in May. Took a hike? Last fall. Saw a movie? gosh, quite awhile ago. Not a big movie fan. Ate ice cream? tonight! Jumped for joy? um, I'm pretty excitable, so probably at some point today!
your best friend? Rocky, my husband, and Sandy my friend for many years. your biggiest inspiration? My daughter Treslie. She has overcome so much in her life. your worst enemy? Hmmm... no enemies, but lots of people that i really don't respect. your first friend? Proabaly my brother. your soulmate? Totally my husband, Rocky3. What is your favorite:
food? watermelon drink? water color? pink smell? cinnamon/sweetpeas sound? Probably the birds in the morning.
wake up? varies, between 6:30 and 8 go to bed? varies, between 10 and 1 sometimes. Sometimes I can't sleep eat lunch? Lunch??? what's that? lol eat dinner? It's hard to have a specific time when there are so many activities going on so, between 5 and 6:30. Sometimes 8!!! clean? Whenever I can. My life doesn't give me free moments in hour intervals! lol
skydive? not a chance eat a bug? not knowingly bungee jump? not for a million dollars drive a race car? not for 2 million dollars scuba dive? Not without Ativan.
I know that I am a little late, but you know what they say.