I'm Here! I'm Here!

iVillage Member
I'm Here! I'm Here!
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 1:08pm

Awwwww, guys, I'm so sorry for making you all worry about me! I had no idea I would be missed! Thanks, Heather, for sending me the e-mail otherwise it woulda taken a lot longer for me to check back in. I promise you I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! There just has been so much going on. Yes, I've been busy with work and wedding planning especially. The nights I use to spend my time knitting are now being used up doing obsessive-almost wedding research. My fiance and I set a date for Sept 16, 2006 and now we're trying to find a venue to match. We may end up having to move our date though because a lot of venues are already filling up and it's still over a year away! So we're really moving to research as many places as we can. I've also really been busy with studying for a certification exam my boss wants me to get in August. So typically what ends up happening is that I end up knitting (in the passenger seat) on the way to and from my hometown where we've just spent the weekend doing wedding things! You can check out the link in my siggy for how the wedding planning is going. Of course I'll gladly TELL you too but I don't want to be that girl who always talks about her wedding planning if other people find it annoying.

Other things on my radar are that my 19 year-old sister is pregnant by a less than stellar guy and being a complete idiot about the whole situation! So there's all that drama there. I'm also trying to lose weight on Weight Watchers and I'm at the tail end of my first week. I gotta fit into that wedding dress you know!

Oh, and on my knitting note ... I really haven't finished anything since the tanktop. I did a sorta half-arsed job at sewing the two pieces together and will probably get in touch with my knitting lady so she can show me how to sew properly. The project I've been working on is the Ripple pattern Wrap that someone here suggested to me. It's taking a long time to grow! It has some mistakes in it where I miscounted and so in some places it's sorta bubbly just because of the way the pattern pulls. It's about 6 inches long right now and had it not been bubbly it probably would be an inch or so longer but oh well. The great thing about my knitting is that each piece has its own character! Haa haa! Anyway, that's what I've been up to in a nutshell! I hope you were able to keep up! Now I'll be sure to check in every day so that I don't miss out on anything and you guys don't either. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 2:30pm

Yeah!!! I'm so glad to hear from you. You sound so happy and excited, I'm really happy for you. I will definitely check out your wedding plan link. I LOVE Sept and Oct weddings. I think fall weddings are so beautiful!

Thank you for giving us an update. Take good care of yourself and remember to have lots and lots of fun planning your wedding!

JJ

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 2:53pm

Angel,

So good to see you again, and glad to see you got my email ;)

I read a bit on your wedding planning, and it sounds like it is coming along nicely!

Thanks so much for checking in, and maybe you could post a partway photo of your shawl, if you have time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2005 - 2:59pm

That's it! The Ripple Shawl! I wanted to do it in a color that I could use pretty year-round and not have the dirt show so much on it too so it's Heather Gray. I know it's not a fun color. I'm gradually making my way up there! I just wanted something pretty versatile. Pink may be next on my list since my wardrobe has definitely taken a pink plunge as of late!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 7:29am
I am sure the wedding plans are keeping you very busy! Thanks for posting to let us know you are ok. Pam
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 1:58pm

LOL Silly girl, of course we were starting to miss you. Why would you think we'd not?

I don't mind hearing about your wedding plans, I was there once too you know, oh so many years ago LOL.

I'm glad you are still around! Come chat with us once in a while and tell us what's up! You hear me? LOL

(((hugs))) Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4