What kind of needles...

iVillage Member
What kind of needles...
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 7:41am
do you use? Do you use different needles for different projects, or do you just stick with one type? I LOVE Brittany Birch needles and use those for everything except making socks, which I use addi turbos for. Sometimes I will make socks using DPN and then I use Plymouth bamboo. What's your favorite?
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 10:41am

Hmmm....that's a really good question...I don't have a favorite brand, and I honestly couldn't tell you the name of the ones I do have.

Do you find a difference with

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 1:01pm
Like Heather, I don't know the brand I do use --- all I can tell you is it's the only one carried by our local craft store (NOT a huge selectin as you might guess). One of these days, I'll have to stick my nose into tthe "new" yarn shop (when I'm not in a buying mood --- I hear thay have some fabulously expensive yarns!) and see what they have...

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Follow Me to "Environmental Living"

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Catch the Stars", a Dimensions Gold Collection Petite, no designer named

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2005 - 1:42pm

I almost always use bamboo. I'm a thrower and it helps to keep the needle from sliding out while I'm throwing the yarn around. But I do have metal ones and I use metal dbln's.

And I have the Denise exchangeables which I adore!

Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 12:59pm

I really move much faster on metal needles and have fallen in love with circular needles even when I'm not knitting in rounds. Everything just seems to stay in place better. It really depends on the project I'm working on. If the yarn is slippery I use bamboo ones. I also bought some Denise needles which I like but when I'm using them as circular needles my knitting tends to get caught where the hard part of the needle connects to the flexible part. So if I really want to move I just move them back to my metal needles.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->