What's Everyon Doing...

iVillage Member
What's Everyon Doing...
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 12:04pm

...for the 4th of July weekend??

I am off from work on Friday and on Monday and I'm only working 1/2 day today. Yippeee!!!! We are going to drive to Houston to hang with my brother and DH's family. Houston is soooooooo HOT and muggy this time of year, but it should be fun. I'm hoping to finish my poncho this weekend. Wish me luck. It's tough to crochet when the temp is 99F and very humid outside.

Does anyone have more exciting things planned?

JJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 12:27pm

Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 12:48pm

Hmmm, well, Saturday I plan on making a mad dash of my hometown to visit as many reception venues as possible since all the unique ones seem to be booking up quickly. Lucky for me, my hometown is also a beach so I plan on spending some time there as well. Fireworks on the 4th of course, some beachin', and some wedding planning! How fun!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 1:51pm

I don't know how exciting removing drywall and insulation from teh family room is, but that's what I'm doing this weekend, before my parents return.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 2:25pm
We may go spend the weekend with some friends. I would rather stay home though. I am a party pooper.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2005 - 3:51pm

Well, last night was the official kick-off of the weekend for us. We watched the Freedom Festival Fireworks that Windsor and Detroit put on together over the Detroit River. Sunday is my DH's birthday and I'm not too sure what we are going to do Sunday. Monday we are going to the parade here with another couple and their kids, then my mom & Karl's parents are going to meet all of us here and we are heading out to a park that does fireworks.

Well picnic all evening and stake a claim to some prime realestate LOL. Hopefully the kids will handle the 8 hours they will have to wait. I'm taking water balloons and two buckets and a couple of sponges that they can play catch with. Maybe some bubbles too.

It'll be a nice day.

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2005 - 3:20pm

Not really.

The Cherry Festival started today, so I am not going anywhere near town until it's over.

We can watch the fireworks, from the porch, and Noel has playdates with the neighbors kids. That should keep us pretty busy.

Good luck, finishing the poncho!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 1:46pm

It sounds like everyone had really fun plans this past weekend. Sorry I wasn't online to respond. I was at my brother's place and access to the computer is a little more difficult. We spent a lot of time on the beach. It was sooooooooo hot in Texas. It was in the upper 90s and 100s the whole weekend with no rain. To summarize my weekend it was HOT!

On the 4th we saw fireworks over the lake and it was beautiful. DH found a perfect spot for us and we had the best view ever!

JJ

P.S. I made very little progress on the poncho :-(