Only 172 Days Until Christmas!!!

iVillage Member
Only 172 Days Until Christmas!!!
Tue, 07-05-2005 - 10:30am

Have you thought of any gifts yet?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2005 - 2:43pm

Good golly, put it that way and it really doesn't seem all that far off does it? But when I think of everything that's going to happen from now until then I feel like I have all the time in the world.

No I haven't figured any gifts out but I HAVE thought a lot about it and what kind of time I will have once classes start up again.

11 yr old neice = (she'll be almost 12 then) a ribbon poncho I think

7 yr old neice = (also almost 8 at the time) a ribbon poncho (different color of course)

3 yr old nephew = Maybe a bulky sweater with something on the front like a smiley face

DH = he got his sweater so now I have no idea

10 yr old son = sweater (have yarn, just need to start)

8 yr old son = bulky sweater w/ skull on it

6 yr old son = bulky sweater w/ something on it

3 yr old daughter = I have no idea, too many tempting things in her catagory

Mom/Nana = maybe a ribbon cardigan? (she's petite so it'd almost be like doing a kids)

MIL = socks? mittens? vest?

FIL = (the man who has everything) I have no idea

That about does it for my gift list. Oh crap, no it doesn't, I have the yarn and the pattern all picked out for my best friends birthday gift in October.

So, finish the afgan/mitered squares, do Meg's b-d gift and then on to sweaters and ponchos. At least it's an excuse to get more yarn LOL.

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2005 - 4:36pm
Yes, Christmas doesn't seem very far away anymore, does it? Kat, you have 4 children?? Holy cow, I have 2 boys ages 8 and 10 and even though they are very good kids, some days I feel like I have ten! LOL. I take my hat off to you. I am from a family of four and back when my mom had kids, it didn't seem like a large family, but these days it does.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2005 - 5:47pm

LOL that's funny Pam, because a few months ago someone discribed our family as big and I have to tell you that it took me by surprise because I don't see it that way. Now a family with five kids, that's big, but NOT four, nope four isn't big at all. *grin*

There are days I wish the parents of the kids who run around here would come and take them home so I could stop babysitting and then I realize that they're mine. Who was it who let me have kids??!!??

J/K, I'd not trade them for anything, my life would be so boring. I really like being a mom.

((hugs)) Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-05-2005 - 10:36pm

Let's see, think I'm going to save Aly's poncho for her christmas gift, still working on it, and will probably need to get more yarn.

Photobucket