Its Pretty Quiet....

iVillage Member
Its Pretty Quiet....
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 1:06pm

...whats everyone up to?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 3:21pm

How personal can we get here? LOL I guess I've been a little testy lately because my period can't decide if it's going to start or not. It starts, then stops, then starts, then stops, now today I'm crampy so maybe it's really going to start. I'm 35, I'll be 36 12/26, I've been going through perimenopause since the birth of my daughter when I was 32. Not only do I have hot flashes, thinning hair, and weight gain, but now my cycle is no longer predictable. Last month I was 11 days late! Want to talk panic? My DH had the snip and clip two years ago but never got checked after so all the stories come out of the wood work and one thing leads to another.... Now this month it's having a hard time starting. This rots! And how many years do I have until it's gone I ask? 15? 20? I get stuck in PMS when it does this and I'm either crying or a screaming mad woman.

Of course that last line leads me to why I knit, it's relaxing. And Harvard has found in it's studies it's just as relaxing as meditation, but in my opinion knitting is better! You'll have something to show for it.

I did that one peek-a-boo footie and now I really just want to focus on my mitered squares afgan and start my son's sweater. Wonder if I will ever finish the other footie LOL. Plus I have yarn to do some ankle socks...but now it's kind of calling to me to make a tank top for my daughter.... That will require more than I bought so perhaps I'll stick with the footies.

So tonight I'm off to visit my friend in Toledo (an hour drive one way) to do some rubberstamping. It's 3:15 and I've not showered yet OR gotten my crap together for tonight. I'm in such a slump today I just can't pull out of it. The weather is nice and cool (68 F/ 20 C) and it's such a good day to get things done and I can't get moving. I hate PMS.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my ultra personal rant. I promise to try and not do that too often. (((hugs))) Kat

Oh, Heather, I'm glad you got the hotel thing fixed, I'd have been in a major panic attack if I were in your shoes! I also can't wait to see the halter top, I bet it's just the cutest thing!

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 4:35pm
I have been busy today, too. I worked this morning and then I had some other business stuff to do, my son had a friend over all day so I had to bring him home a little while ago and now I finally have time to sit on the computer and gab a little. I started a lace scarf last night and it's coming along nicely so far. Lace knitting requires so much concentration! I really have to look at the pattern and make sure I have every stitch right because ripping back lace stinks!! Hope everyone is having a good day. Pam
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 10:16pm

I'm here, just going through some personal stuff that got bombed on me earlier today.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2005 - 11:31pm

Oh man, doesn't it? It's worse with mohair silk stuff, the kind that I'm making that one shawl out of. If I make a mistake, it stays a mistake. Bad stuff ripping back those lace things!

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 4:21pm

(((KAT))), some hugs for you!

I hope you are feeling better today (no more PMS!) and I read that you had a good time in your blog :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 4:22pm

Glad to hear you got started on your lace scarf...what pattern are you following?

Have

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2005 - 4:23pm

LOL...I just pictured a wedding with someone sitting their knitting during the service.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:22pm

I've been busy here too. I'll go in waves with the boards because I get really busy and if I even peek at the boards then I'm pretty much glued to them all day. I do have to get some work done at some point!

My fiance and I had to make a trip down to my hometown (3.5 hours away usually, 5.5 hours this time around) unexpectedly to meet with the lady that we are seriously considering for our reception site. We met with her this afternoon and she was a lovely lady with a lot of useful information for us about caterers and other things. I'm seriously just waiting on my fiance to just ok it so we can go ahead and sign on the dotted line but he's pretty much sold on it.

I did get some knitting done on the way down yesterday before it got dark. The ripple shawl has a 4-row pattern and it takes me 1 hour to complete the pattern and it really only grows only like a half-inch. I keep urging the thing to grow! I'm still bitten by the wedding-planning bug but I expect my knitting will keep me sane and busy when I'm not researching and trying not to be Bridezilla!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 11:49am

I'm laughing out loud in pain with you! I'm working on my Shoalwater Shawl again and it also has a 4 row repeat. It takes me about an hour to do one 4 row repeat and it only grows about a half inch too!

Jeez-o-pete, I'm only half away done with it, what's it going to be like near the end? One hour per row???

Scary, scary, scary, but damn, aren't they going to be pretty when they're done??? *grin*

(((hugs))) I feel you pain.
~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4