Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_hafox1
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:50am

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 12:51pm

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art?

***rubberstamping, and I'd like to get back into scrapbooking and cross stitch. I will when the kids are older.

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be?

***No. I got some money from my great uncle when he died (yes, cliche like isn't it?) and it made it possible to buy this house w/ enough bedrooms for us all and to have Miranda. I thought I'd still be in the last town, in a tiny house, still struggling for money. Now I'm in a big house, in a much better town, still struggling for money LOL.

3. Are you happy with your life right now?

***Generally yes, I've never been happier. But we need me to find a job and it's just not happening so it'll be darn near right on when I do.

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done?

***Went to a movie by myself three years ago which lead me to go to college. Bravery and confidence are traits that I have never had an abundant supply of. Joining the sockapal-2-za knit along and starting a blog was something out of character for me recently also.

5. Name 3 odd things we may not know about you.

***Hummm, this is hard:

a) I have a twin brother who's five mintues younger than me.
b) We are adopted (together, and no we aren't identical, there'd be something wrong
with one of us)
c) I'm a poor housekeeper despite being a flybaby. (ie: I'm very lazy)

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 4:31pm

since i delurked, i guess i might as well join in! hi everyone!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 5:05pm

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art?I love to read

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be?
Well, I guess I had no idea I would have a cleaning business, so that was kind of a surprise, but everything else in my life is right where I thought it would be.

3. Are you happy with your life right now?
Absolutely

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done?
I really can't think of anything. I guess I am boring. :)

I am a clean freak
I don't like to spend the night at anyones house, I prefer my own house.
I love to floss my teeth

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 5:51pm

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art? sewing....photography...computing....writing.....flower gardening

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be? nope....I didn't think I'd ever get married LOL

3. Are you happy with your life right now? yes-pretty much

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done? went on a blind date with a man I married LOL....

5. Name 3 odd things we may not know about you.I'm blonde.....I'm sort of short....can't think of anything else

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 6:06pm

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art? === I rubber stamp and embroider and I suppose quilt as well (if I ever get to those UFOs)

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be? === five yeras ago, we were in saudi Arabia and I feared (yes feared) at that time that we'd be there until DH was ready to retire... adn he wasn't planning on retiring until he reached 67 (he's 62 now)!

3. Are you happy with your life right now? === not 100%. Let's just say I'm content but restless

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done? === you know, I'm not sure I *EVER* did anything out of character...

5. Name 3 odd things we may not know about you. ===
a). I was awarded a Ph.D. in Biological Science from the University fo Florida in 1971
b). I once wrote a colummn for Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine (four years; paid in $$$ *and* in books)
c). I am a rabid University of Southern Calfironia Trojan football fan!

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Snowman Alphabet", designed by Linda Gillum, chart in Cross Stitch Gold, issue 17

Tuesdays: "Shades of Aubergine", designed by Mary Hickmott, chart in New Stitches issue 131

Wednesdays: "Count the Stars", a Dimensions Gold Collection Petite, no designer named

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: "Winter's Twilight" stocking, design by Dennis P.Lewan for Dimensions Gold

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:25pm

What kind of engineering did you try, Heather?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:37pm

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art? - Hmmm, scrapbooking but I really haven't done much with it lately. I also like to do computer graphics and webpages.

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be? - 5 years ago I was dating my ex-boyfriend in a relationship I should have left a long time ago. I was also in school getting my engineering degree and doubting my abilities to get that degree. Here I am 5 years later, engaged to the man of my dreams (who I did actually know also 5 years ago), complete with my engineering degree and a job with a great company. Yes, I thought I'd be here but I sure did have my doubts.

3. Are you happy with your life right now? - Generally, I am very blessed and happy. Are there other aspects of my life that could be better right now? Sure, but I am happy.

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done? - Hmm, I don't do a whole lot of out-of-character things really. I can't think of any right now.

- I'm afraid of aliens.

- I don't like my bedsheets tucked in.

- I like to be completely dry before putting clothes on after a shower.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 1:29am

1. Do you have other hobbies besides your yarn art? Digital Photography, Organizing, Some Gardening.

2. Five years ago, did you think you would be where you are now? If not, where did you think you'd be? Well, I think 5 years ago I would have thought I would have children by now, but we're working on it.

3. Are you happy with your life right now? In the grand scheme of things, yes, I have a GREAT job, I have an AWESOME hubby, we have a beautiful home, I live in a GREAT city, and I have wonderful friends. I only wish that I was already a mommy, but that's going to happen soon.

4. What is the most out-of-character thing you've ever done? About five years ago I got wasted for the first time in my whole life (I was 30) in San Francisco while we were on holiday with my FIL. I had a hangover for almost a week. I have never gotten wasted again.

- I am a clean freak
- I am a Civil Engineer
- I have 3 brothers, no sisters and I'm the oldest

Pages