I got a new dog today

iVillage Member
I got a new dog today
Tue, 07-12-2005 - 7:21pm
We went to the local animal shelter last Friday and fell in love with this dog. He just came into the shelter on the same day, so we had to wait until today for them to do his evaluation. He is such an awesome dog, great with kids and other animals.(we also have a cat). He is part black lab and part great dane, so he's huge! Very loveable though. I am so glad we got him! Pam
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2005 - 8:54pm

Good for you!!! I'm so glad you went to the shelter to get the dog. Sounds like the dog picked you. What did you name him? My family and I go to the shelter here and walk the dogs every so often. I want to take them all home...

(I was just reading your profile, and I do billing and coding also :) )

Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2005 - 6:37am
Hi Karen,
His name is Jibba. He was already named by the previous owners. His first night was great, he spent it in my boys room. How do you like the billing and coding? Do you work on your own, for a hospital or Dr.'s office? Pam
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2005 - 10:10am

Thats so fantastic :) Your boys must be so happy too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2005 - 12:09pm

Pam,

CONGRATULATIONS on your newest addition to your family! Pets are wonderful. I am also so happy you got him from a shelter. I am involved with a Hound Rescue group here and I am currently trying to find a new home for a beagle girl that was abandoned by her family. It's so sad. She's 7 years old and this couple had a baby and told us they have no time for her so they sent her to a kill shelter. We had to get her out of there before the end of this week or she was in line to be euthanized. It's so sad. I think you guys are awesome for adopting him and he will be a loyal member of your family forever.

BooHoo I'm such a wimp.

JJ

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2005 - 5:13pm

That's awesome Pam! I wish we could have a dog, but my oldest is severly allergic to them. He ends up looking like Charlie Brown from the swelling he gets. We're getting another cat at the beginning of August from my MIL who didn't get her newest cat fixed fast enough.

I'm glad it's working out so well!

~Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2005 - 7:10pm
Hi Pam,
Jibba is a very cute name for a dog. I have a feeling he's going to be pretty spoiled!
How was day 2 with the dog?
Answering your question, I work for 2 dentists. I kind of got thrown into it. No training except for on the job. I quite like it, but I haven't been at it very long. Wow, there sure is alot to know. How do you like it? I'm not sure how different it would be working for a hospital or a medical dr. Also, I'm assuming you're in the states, right? I'm in Canada.
Karen
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-14-2005 - 8:19pm
The dog has been wonderful! I am not working in a medical office yet, because I am still taking courses, but I loved the medical terminology course I took. I can't do anything else until the fall because that's when the next class is offered. Wish me luck, though! :)