Friday's Five

iVillage Member
Friday's Five
Fri, 07-15-2005 - 10:24am

Happy Friday Everyone!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-15-2005 - 10:53am

1. What is one thing you do for yourself on a regular basis?
Get a pedicure and facial.

2. How do you unwind at the end of the day?
Dinner with DH and I sit in my big chair and watch TV or crochet.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Anything, really. Our tradition is to watch the first showing of a movie on Sunday morning before the crowds hit and when it's over the whole day is still ahead of us. Most stores in Texas don't open until noon anyway on Sundays.

4. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
When Daylight Savings is in effect I like to try and walk around TownLake with DH and our beagle. In the winter I like to veg and bunker-in for the weekend and have a comfort meal.

5. How long does your morning routine take? 20-30 min. I shower the night before and I have straight hair that I usually pull up into a pony tail so it doesn't take much time. Only wear powder foundation and a little blush so make-up only take about 30 sec.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-15-2005 - 1:15pm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-15-2005 - 4:28pm

When schools out:
1. What is one thing you do for yourself on a regular basis? **knit & paint my toenails

2. How do you unwind at the end of the day? **knit

3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? **garden, knit, go to the beach

4. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? **go out to dinner then knit

5. How long does your morning routine take? **20 minutes, no makeup, wet hair

When schools In:
1. What is one thing you do for yourself on a regular basis? **knit

2. How do you unwind at the end of the day? **do homework then knit

3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? **if I've been good and gotten all my homework done, knit

4. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night? **have DH take the kids out while I do homework.

5. How long does your morning routine take? **30 minutes, dry hair and makeup. If I'm not in a hurry I like to stretch it out to 45 or 50 minutes.

Knitting is seriously my meditation in life and I believe it keeps me sane. During the school year I use it as a reward to getting my homework done...but it's also my excuse for not doing it too. ROFL ~kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-16-2005 - 10:35am

I don't really do anything for myself regularly. Once in a while, I get a professional hair color or pedicure, but nothing regularly.

I unwind at the end of my day, but vegging in front of the TV after I get the kids to bed.

Favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is to go out to a bar, or to a friend's house and watch football with my family (yes, I take my kids to the bar with me; it's more of a bar and grill with alot of TV's in it, so we can get away with it. Lot's people bring their kids.)

Favorite Friday night: dinner at my favorite restaurant. It's kind of expensive, so we don't get to go there often, but when we do, I really enjoy the treat.

If I am really pressed for time, I can be out of the house in 15 minutes. I usually only skip the laying in bed for ten minutes saying, "God, i don't want to go to work today!"

Colleen

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2005 - 2:03pm

Hi everyone.

1. What is one thing you do for yourself on a regular basis?
I dance. It's a complete must. I also get my hair highlighted regularily.

2. How do you unwind at the end of the day?
Unwind? By doing laundry and making supper. just kidding. Unwinding to me means doing absolutely nothing. happy sigh.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
What ever I feel like doing. Gosh. (that's from the stupiest show ever, Napoleon Dynamite) I really do whatever i feel like. walking, shopping, gardening...depends.

4. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
I usually clean the dance studio on Friday night, so not cleaning the dance studio would be my favorite thing to do.

5. How long does your morning routine take?
About an hour. I hate to be rushed for anything.

Note: these are all summer answers, much different than when school and all activities start up again. :)

Happy weekend, all.
Kare