Need Some Support!

iVillage Member
Need Some Support!
Mon, 07-18-2005 - 12:16pm

Hey Everyone,

As you know, we are supposed to leave this weekend for our weddingmoon, however I'm so stressed out with Hurricane Emily in the area of our resort.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2005 - 12:28pm

Oh Heather...BIG HUGE {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you. They will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you will hear from them soon. Here are some calming vibes for you. As you mentioned, the hurricane has already passed and it's still 5 days until your departure. The weather professionals did a really good job predicting the hurricane so the area was well-prepared for it. I'm sure your hotel is fine. They are used to handling hurricanes and will recover quickly. Please stay positive and try not to stress too much. We are all thinking about you and I know everything will work out perfectly. It will be an exciting story you can tell your children some day.

I hope this helps.

Love,
JJ

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2005 - 3:14pm

Oh Heather, I hope they are alright. I was watching the weather channel and they were inside a hotel that was a designated shelter and it looked really secure. And Cancun never lost power either and they showed people working on the clean up already. I have great hope that your family is ok and that you're wedding will be just as beautifl as you expect!

But to make you feel better, here's a great big ((((HUG)))) for you!

Kat

~Kat, kittyprints4

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2005 - 3:40pm
Heather,
Everything will be ok. I am sure your family is fine, and your wedding will be beautiful! This will be a very exciting story to tell your grandchildren.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2005 - 9:40pm

Heather

I can completely understand your concern. Of course you're stressing, BUT... what the other ladies said is totally right. Try to relax ( I know, easier said than done). JJ has it right with how the resorts are always prepared for this. It sounds scary to us because it's not what we have ever experienced here but it's not out of the ordinary there. Try not to worry too much, Heather. Let us know when you hear from your family. I'm sure it'll be very soon.
You'll be married, don't you worry about that! :)

Thinking of you,
Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2005 - 10:24am

Thank you for all your kind words...I had a really tough day yesterday.

I heard from my family last night, they are fine, no injuries, they stayed at a shelter during the hurricane.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2005 - 10:53am
I am so glad that your family is ok. That is the most important thing, the rest will take care of itself. You will be a married woman soon!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2005 - 12:00pm

Oh Heather, I'm so glad you've heard from your family and that they're all ok. Wow. Guess God thought you needed a little excitement, hey? You're right, this will be a tale to remember.

:) Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2005 - 12:10pm

I'm glad to hear your family is okay. Hey, you're getting married!!! WooHoo!!!!!!

JJ

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-20-2005 - 7:24pm
((HUGS)) hope things go well for you
Photobucket