Hurricane Katrina

iVillage Member
Hurricane Katrina
Tue, 08-30-2005 - 12:03am
Can anyone believe all of the destruction that Hurricane Katrina has done? I had no idea that it was expected to be such a major disaster. Was anyone else aware of this or was I just so caught up in my own little world. Can you imagine all that is involved in this??? Truly, this is so incredibly horrible and unbelievable. I am so worried for sweetMiss Magnolia and her family.
This leaves the same horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had when 911 happened.
iVillage Member
In reply to: just_kj
Tue, 08-30-2005 - 8:36am

Its truly awful, I didn't know how bad it was until yesterday after I read sweetmissmagnolia's post and I looked it up on the internet.

I can only imagine the fear that they are going through down there, and my thoughts and prayers are with all of them today.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2005 - 10:02am

We followed the news all day Sunday because my FIL was in New Orleans on business Friday and decided to stay the weekend. Luckily they all got on the last flight out of New Orleans via Southwest Airlines at around 3pm on Sunday and then the airport was closed. We are so relieved they got out of there in time.

I hope we hear from SweetMissMagnolia soon. It looks like the hurricane hit the MS and Alabama coast harder than New Orleans. I feel so bad for all the people inside the Super Dome. It must have been so scary to have pieces of the dome fly off and have it start raining inside the building.

JJ

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-02-2005 - 4:52pm
Follow the link in my siggy to the Hurricane Katrina board...maybe you can help and you don't even know it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-02-2005 - 7:15pm

Heather,

Thank you so much for posting the link on your siggie. Living in central Texas only 2.5 hours from Houston, Tx I feel like I'm being completely selfish by just sitting comfortably in my home. Tomorrow DH and I are going shopping and we are donating baby items and non-perishable foods to the Area Food Bank. Three Red Cross Rescue Centers have been set-up in our city and we will be receiving approximately 5000 people. It's a VERY small number compared to that of the Astrodome, but it's certainly a start. My heart just breaks everytime I turn on the television and see all the sadness and suffering.

Everyone, please keep everyone affected by Hurricane Katrina in your thoughts and prayers.

Love,
JJ