WE survived katrina

iVillage Member
WE survived katrina
Sat, 09-03-2005 - 11:37pm

thanks for the prayers and posts.....YOU all are going to make me CRY I've been on the verge for the past few days but have held it in so I won't stress out dh....when I get uptight or stressed it worries him double LOL

here's some of what's been going on here....this town has been a mad house the past few days....gas shortages,limits on how much gas you can get.long lines at the gas pumps....shortages on ice and water-some counties to the south of us are still having problems getting food water and ice and such.....we still don't have power.our neighborhood was hit hardest in town I think....they say it could be wednesday before they get everything repaired in our neighborhood.we stayed in the house for about 2 days without power and air conditioning and it was awful--zachary couldn't get comfy and sleep well and thank goodness for a good friend of dh's that's letting us camp out in his living room (birds and all)....it's so hard being away from home though....zachary doesn't understand what's going on and to top it all off we took him to a clinic today and he has an ear infection.we lost all the food in our fridge and freezers (we had just gone shopping earlier in the week) and the whole house and fridge and freezers are going to have to be scrubbed like crazy.I have so much to do and am so frustrated about not being able to get into the house and do it.thank goodness we didn't have any damage to the house.a tree came down but barely missed the house and my car..we sat in the house when the storm was going by and watched trees falling on neighbor's houses across the street from us and we were so scared it would happen to us....prayer works.the local churches are taking in the people who had to flee from their homes here and from the gulf coast areas into their spaces as shelters.I'm going to donate some blankets and clothes and some of my barbie doll collection to the kiddies as soon as I can get into my house.I want to do so much more.I can't imagine how it is for some of the people who have lost everything.And I know the kids must be so sad and confused having had to leave their toys and things....
i haven't really let it all sink in yet....but I'm almost out of my xanax pills LOL and I'm sure i'll shed some tears then....thanks so much for caring so much about us-it means more than you'll know......((HUGS))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 12:29am

Thank goodness you are ok. My son is going with his Army unit to LA to help in the relief effort. Prayer does work - and everyone needs more of it there for a long time. It is going to be a long hard road to recovery for many people.

Lise

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 12:06pm

What a relief to hear from you. I don't think an hour has gone by without wondering if you were safe. Thank God you are. We've been glued to CNN every spare moment we get since this has happened.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get into your house yet, but I'm very happy to hear that you and your family are ok and still have a house. Wow. (I kept thinking, "but she just painted her bathroom!")

Hang in there! So glad to hear from you, sweetmissmagnolia. Please keep us posted.

-Karen

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 2:46pm

Oh SweetMissMagnolia!!! I'm sooooo glad to hear from you and that everyone is okay. As you know we have all been thinking about you. I'm also glad to hear that your home did not sustain any sever damage. DH has been volunteering with the RedCross in Central Texas since Saturday. All of the evacuees have been sooooo gracious and grateful. We are so glad we can help.

Welcome back to the board and best wishes to you and your family during the recovery.

Love,
JJ

P.S. Prayers that your Zachary's ear infection will get well soon.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2005 - 7:06pm
I am glad to hear that you guys are ok. Food can be replaced and the house will get back in order, don't worry about things like that. They're fixable. You, DH and Zachary are what's important and thankfully, you all survived this horrible ordeal. You will all be in my prayers. Pam
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-06-2005 - 8:41am

Thank goodness you are alright!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-06-2005 - 6:48pm

Oh my goodness, I had no idea you were down there! I'm so glad to hear that you are ok! I'm positive you will get through this. My heart really goes out to everyone down there. Please keep us updated on everything and please cry away! ((HUGS))

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-06-2005 - 7:02pm
thanks for the support and prayers....
Photobucket