~*~*~ Friday Five ~*~*~

iVillage Member
~*~*~ Friday Five ~*~*~
Fri, 09-09-2005 - 9:53am

Did you know we only have 106 days until Christmas?? (See http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/xmas_cnt.htm)

So its a festive Friday Five!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2005 - 10:29am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2005 - 4:04pm

1. Have you started thinking about Christmas gifts? Shopping yet?

Nope. I usually don't start Christmas shopping until December. I don't make many Christmas gifts because I can never get motivated enough to start in July.

2. What is your favorite thing about the Christmas season?

I'm with Heather, I LOVE the decorations, but I also like the food and all of the Christmas TV specials. My favorite Christmas special is Frosty the Snowman.

3. Where will you be celebrating Christmas?

There's alway drama over where we will be celebrating Christmas because my family lives a plane trip away, but DH's parents only live a 3 hour drive away and his parents are divorced so it's difficult. My parents are TOTALLY cool. They are all about spending the time together regardless of the actual date. My MIL on the other hand COMPLETELY ruins the Christmas spirit. She ruins it for everyone because it's an obligation and she never tries to work with anyone elses schedule. Actually, she's almost completely ruined Christmas for me and I dread it every year. Sigh...sorry to whine. My favorite holiday is actually Thanksgiving because when we got married we started our own tradition and every year we host it and we make a fried turkey with our friends. If family want to join us then they are always welcome, but we are staying put.

4. What is your favorite Christmas memory? What a COOL Christmas memory, Heather. My best Christmas memory was waking up for the first time to a white Christmas in El Paso, Texas which is in the desert.

5. What is your favorite Christmas carol? 12 days of Christmas and O'Tannenbaum