QOTW - Anyone else you know?

iVillage Member
QOTW - Anyone else you know?
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 11:22am

Do you know anyone else that knits / crochets / stitches / weaves besides us ladies on the board?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 11:28am

Well I sorta answered this in my last email to you.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 1:48pm

Yes, I know quiet a few people that are not a member of this board that crochet. There is a group of us that craft every Monday night and we rotate houses. We also use this time as an opportunity to eat junk food. Most of the members are crocheters or knitters, but it's called craft night so you can bring anything to work on. There are a few needlepointers and scrapbookers too. I'm hosting craft night tonight and I think I'm going to make brownies.

JJ

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 2:23pm
no,I'm the only one LOL.....a few family members sew a little...I'd like to take a course or attend a class or something like that-it would be fun....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 2:26pm

The wife of a close friend of DH knits and SIL from Cleveland does "loom knitting" (I think that's what you call it)...

I've never taken a class... or attended a group.

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Lady Liberty:, designed by Donna Vermillion Giampa, published in Just Cross Stitch, August, 2002

Tuesdays: "The Magic of Summer", designed by Charles Wysocki, a Dimensions kit

Wednesdays: to be announced

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: "Blue and White China", design by Leslie Teare, chart in Cross Stitch Gold issue 20

Saturdays: "Golden Gate Avenue", design by Nancy Rossi for Janlynn

Sundays: crazy quilt

CL for "

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2005 - 2:38pm
Yup. I taught my friend to knit and we are going tomorrow to get supplies so I can teach her how to make a hat. She told me she is sick of scarfs! My mom also knits, so when we see eachother we take trips to yarn shops, exchange patterns, etc... I wish I knew more people though.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2005 - 9:17pm

My mom was a crocheter but she hasn't picked up her hook in a long time. One of my coworkers started knitting too but now she's leaving the company. =( I have other friends online who knit too. Oh, and my sister has started knitting as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-14-2005 - 10:26pm

I know a couple people. I never took a class. I taught myself to knit. I somtimes attend a group, but they only meet once a month.

Colleen

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-15-2005 - 10:31am

My one friend crochets a bit, but she never finishes anything, and she hardly does it anymore so we don't really talk about it, although I did email her some patterns the other day so that she might be able to start a new project.

Other than that, I did teach a co-worker to crochet, but she abandoned it after three rows on her baby afghan (only single crochet)

Thats it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting