Have you started...

iVillage Member
Have you started...
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 11:28am

...Getting ready for Halloween?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 1:03pm

I haven't thought too much about Halloween yet. We dress up every year when we hand out candy. Last year I was the 70's side-kick chick to Austin Powers and DH was Austin Powers. I think this year I'm going to be a diva. I have a HUGE pink and white boa and a tiara. I am going to ask DH to wear his big huge stuffed King Crown hat. It's gigantic and very amusing.

I usually decorate our front porch with some fake light up pumpkin heads, I have a 3 foot witchie-poo I put out every year and I have some skeleton and pumpkin lights. There are a lot of kids in our neighborhood so it's a lot of fun.

Heather, that's so cool you grew your own pumpkins!!!! I can't even imagine growing our own.

JJ

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 3:36pm

Hi Ladies,

Halloween is always so much fun. We do decorate, but it won't be for a while yet. We have some pretty freaky fake Ravens that I put up over the door. We put up pumpkin lights, hang ghosts, spider webs, but the favorite is the door mat that screams when you step on it. We always play one of those halloween sounds tapes, too. (and when I say 'we', I really mean 'me')

I don't dress up, but my girls do. Even though they are now 15 and 13.... Kristy, my 13 yr old, wants to be Minnie Mouse this year, and Danielle, 15, hasn't said anything yet. She may opt out of going this year. Not sure yet. The costumes always have to be big enough for a winter coat to go under. We usually have snow here by that time. Yuk.

Heather, you have to take pics of your halloween house and share them!

-Karen
(Sorry for not being around lately... I've missed you all!)

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 4:09pm

WOW! Snow on Halloween! That's AWESOME! Here in Central Texas we're lucky if it's in the mid 80s. Everyone is usually sweating up a storm inside their costumes. Especially the little babies that are wearing the cute little sleeper costumes. I think Halloween will be hot again this year. It's mid-September and it's 99 degrees outside!

JJ

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 4:24pm

Sounds like a cute costume idea JJ!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 4:27pm

Hey Karen,

Good to hear from you again - we've missed you too!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2005 - 6:35pm

I live on a dead end street, so we don't get too many kids. My mom has this pumpkin costume that we usually trade off wearing every year, last year she wore it, I cna't remember where I was.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2005 - 8:49am

LOL! We would much prefer your weather for Halloween. Texas.....sigh...

-kj