Not knitting, but...

iVillage Member
Not knitting, but...
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 8:51am
Has anyone tried rub-ons? I was at my AC Moore over the weekend and got talking to a store clerk. She showed me all of the wood stuff she has done and it was awesome! For those of you who don't know, you paint your wood (I picked a bird house) and then when it dries, you take the rub on (they have TONS to choose from) and just rub it on where you want it. It looks like you have lots of talent! I made the bird house for my sister for Christmas, and I am going to go back and get a jewlry box for my neice and make one for her with a ballet theme. It's worth checking out because they are very inexpensive to make. Pam
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 10:36am

I've never even heard of them, but I shoud check it out!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 1:02pm

Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing the idea. Do you have some pictures you can post and a link to a website that shows all the rub-ons? I am in the process of putting together a nursery and maybe I can make something that fits our theme.

JJ

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 12:56pm

I have seen them but haven't tried them yet. I am looking to make a little shelf/coat rack for DS's room with a police car or fire truck theme. I did see some rub-ons with cars on them, but not specifically police/fire.

They are an inexpensive way to spruce something up. You can use them in your scrapbooks too in place of stickers. Make sure they are acid/lignin free though.

Colleen