~*~ Friday's Very Random Five! ~*~
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 8:45am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 9:39am

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 9:42am

1. Are you kitchen cabinets and drawers all nicely organized, all messy, or in the middle ?

No, they are good.(except one) That's thanks to my husband.

2. How many 'junk drawers' or 'junk cabinets' do you have ?

Only one drawer is really bad. We're only talking kitchen here, right? lol

3. Do you ever hit the dollar stores?

Sometimes. I like the gift bags there.

4. What do you like and dislike most about where you live (and if you're comfortable saying, where is that)??
I LOVE this place. (Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada) I love the natural beauty of it; I love the forest, I love the rivers, the paths, I love the wild life. I love the fact that we live in the city, but if you look out my kitchen windows, it seems like I'm out in the country. I love the people here, they are very friendly for the most part. I love that it takes me 5 minutes to drive to work, 5 minutes to dance classes. I love that my children walk on the same streets that I did when I was a child.
I HATE the winters. It can get to 40 below celcious here. I also don't like being 4 1/2 hours away from a major city. There is only one road in to my city from anywhere and it makes me nervous sometimes with the fires in the summer. I also hate that the housing is incredibly expensive here. The average price for a house here is $350,000 dollars(CDN)
A trailer here cannot be found for under $200,000.00 dollars, and that's a fixer upper! People rent rooms here for $1000.00 per month. Crazy.

5.What made you choose to live there (what were your considerations in choosing it)?

Well, I was born here. I moved away for 14 years, met my husband through my friend in Fort McMurray while I lived elsewhere and ended up getting married and moving back here.
It was a very good choice in all areas!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 1:18pm

1. Are you kitchen cabinets and drawers all nicely organized, all messy, or in the middle ? === in the middle I guess. the drawers are pretty neat but the pots and pans are all a tumble... and my storage containers don't bear talking about!

2. How many 'junk drawers' or 'junk cabinets' do you have ? === 1 drawer

3. Do you ever hit the dollar stores? === no

4. What do you like and dislike most about where you live (and if you're comfortable saying, where is that)?? === like our neighbors, the lake we live on, DH's garden. dislike the weather (SOOO hot and humid in summer, so cold and damp in winter). We are in a small development called Williamsburg-on-the-River, about half-way between Waterville and Grand Rapids, Ohio, one block away from the Maumee River!

5.What made you choose to live there (what were your considerations in choosing it)? === DH chose it because it was on the water. And he chose the general region because he grew up here, has family here, and has a medical support system that makes him feel comfortable.

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

WIP Rotation:

Mondays: "Lady Liberty:, designed by Donna Vermillion Giampa, published in Just Cross Stitch, August, 2002

Tuesdays: "The Magic of Summer", designed by Charles Wysocki, a Dimensions kit

Wednesdays: to be announced

Thursdays: "Blue Porcelain Collection", design by Di Noyce, chart in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading, issue 57

Fridays: to be announced

Saturdays: to be announced

Sundays: to be announced

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 1:45pm

1. My kitchen cabinets are pretty neat, drawers are a different story.

2. We have one junk drawer.

3. I occasionally go to the dollar store, mostly for party supplies. They are super-cheap!

4. I like nearly everything about Glassboro, NJ. The only thing I don't like right now is the traffic. We are a college town and they are doing road construction on every major road in town! I hate it! It took me 35 minutes to drive 3.5 miles.

5. We only live here because DH is a cop in town! He gets a take-home police car if he lives in town.

Colleen

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-30-2005 - 5:30pm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-01-2005 - 7:17am

. Are you kitchen cabinets and drawers all nicely organized, all messy, or in the middle ?
They are in the middle

One in the kitchen

We don't have one near me

4. What do you like and dislike most about where you live (and if you're comfortable saying, where is that)??
I live in Mass. and don't like it because it's way to expensive. I would relocate in a heartbeat!

5.What made you choose to live there (what were your considerations in choosing it)?
I grew up here and then met Dh, so because of his job (police officer) we stayed.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2005 - 2:05am

1. Are you kitchen cabinets and drawers all nicely organized, all messy, or in the middle ? In the middle - most are organized, but I have two that are NOT!!

2. How many 'junk drawers' or 'junk cabinets' do you have ? I only allow myself to have TWO junk drawers, else everything would get out of hand. Plus it would make the other illegitimate ones (of which there are 5 more) jealous. My mom was a closet messy & I fight it, but I am one too. Surface looks organized and neat.

3. Do you ever hit the dollar stores? ARE YOU NUTS?!? I can't be trusted in there!

4. What do you like and dislike most about where you live (and if you're comfortable saying, where is that)?? I LOVE my home. We feel that we have an 'oasis' in our back yard. What I hate is the commute. Everyday I drive it I think "WHY?", then when I get home, I go "Oh yeah, that's why"

5.What made you choose to live there (what were your considerations in choosing it)? I have always lived in Texas, we chose our current home for the backyard, the schools and it is a great house. We are very comfortable in it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2005 - 3:11pm

OK, so Friday has passed, but can I still play?

1. Are you kitchen cabinets and drawers all nicely organized, all messy, or in the middle?

Yes.

All of them?

No, I usually park outside.

I like the yard, and dislike the leaky roof.

More bang for my buck.