Crocheter's Anonymous?
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 12:40pm

Pleeease tell me that I'm not the only one:

I think I have a problem.
I can't stop crocheting.
I'm staying up late, getting up early,
NOTHING is getting done around the house
I'm so ashamed.

I keep saying, "OK, Just 1/2 hr more", but then I'm sooo close to being done after 1/2 hour, so I keep going. (Everyone can relate to this, right?)

I haven't even eaten yet! I only stop to look on the computer for crochet advice. HELP!

I'm calling in sick to work, my kids aren't being fed...
LOL I'm kidding about those. :)

Wow. What fun a ball of yarn can be. Who would have guessed?

Have a great day everyone!
-Karen

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 1:58pm

It's not just you.

Once I started knitting in June, it became an obsession and I finally had to establish some grond rules for myself.

I cannot pick up my knitting until all my "chores" are done for the day. This is because, once I pick it up, fahgetaboutit.

Sundays are my only indulgence, where I don't have to get anything done before I pick it up. I knit all day, for as long as I want.

I feel like I've relegated myself back to grammar school days. "No playing outside, no television until the homework is done!"

:-Þ

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 3:02pm

That's me to a "T" somedays!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 5:36pm

It DOES become an obsession!! I know that I have trouble getting anything done once I have started knitting/crocheting. I have some ground rules, else nothing would get done. But my hubby has gotten so used to seeing me with my knitting that he waits for me to grab my purse AND KNITTING BAG before we leave the house. The other day he was in a hurry and handed them BOTH to me.

LOL

Lise

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 10:12pm

Well, we have all found the right message board, haven't we? I guess I'll have to start some self discipline... after one more row...

You know, if anyone ever told me years ago that I'd be so addicted to crocheting I would have never believed them. I used to be so cool. lol. (just kidding, we all know crocheting and knitting are the coolest) Actually, I went up to the yarn store today and the lady who owns it told me that the college here has approached her to teach beginner knitting classes. She will be starting that soon. That goes to show that it's getting pretty popular now.

-Karen

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 8:18am

I cannot pick up my knitting until all my "chores" are done for the day. This is because, once I pick it up, fahgetaboutit.I cannot pick up my knitting until all my "chores" are done for the day. This is because, once I pick it up, fahgetaboutit.

I have an out. All my Christmas presents this year, are crochet items. So I HAVE to crochet.. tee hee.. gotta get it done in time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-05-2005 - 10:48am

Oh, I'm making stuff for Christmas, too, but I could easily lose myself (and my family) to knitting if I don't exercise a modicum of self-discipline.

See? I could spell self-discipline. Now if I could just exercise some...

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 1:04am
You think you got problems? I'm addicted to my computer AND my yarn! I only have two hands and both addictions are two handed activities. I am SO SCREWED! LOL

~Trish
Got the "Not tonight, honey" blues?

Catch me hanging out in the

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 9:17am

The only problem now is that I have so many projects that I want to do!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 10:52am
I would start by taking the small projects with me on the short trips, and a bigger project with me whenever I am going to be gone for a longer period of time. Like this past summer, dd was at a class an hour away, for 2 hours every sunday. Dh drove, so I took a project I might have a chance to start and finish in that length of time. Like a cell phone cover or socks or

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 12:15pm

You all crack me up!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages