My poor little guy

iVillage Member
My poor little guy
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 1:15pm
This happened last week, but I have been so busy, I haven't been on the comp. much. He was playing at school and he and another boy ran into eachother. Well, the other boys tooth went right into my sons nose, so he had to go to the ER for stitches. We picked him up at school, went to the ER and the doctor said we were lucky the cut didn't go through his nostril because then he would have referred us to a plastic surgeon. They put novicane RIGHT INTO THE CUT and the poor thing cried his little heart out. Once it was numb he was fine, but, holy cow that must have burned! He got them out this past Sunday, and that was tough as well because it scabbed over and his stitches were right in the scab. They had to do a lot of pulling and tugging. It's over now and he's all better, but I hate it when my babies get hurt! Anyway, that's my tale of woe for the day. :) Pam
iVillage Member
In reply to: pmh67
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 1:29pm

My son cracked his head open when he was 19 months old, requiring stitches in his hairline on top of his head.

I think I cried more when they were tending to him than he did, but I'll always remember the doctor looking at me and, with so much sincerity in his voice telling me, "Don't worry, Mom. A man's not a man unless he's had stitches somewhere in his head."

Think of it as a rite of passage.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 1:55pm

Aw, Pam. Sorry to hear about your little one. Honestly, there is nothing worse than when your child is hurt and you can't do anything about it. Glad it's all over now.

(We've gone through some of that, too. The doctor made ME lie down while my daughter got her stitches. She doesn't even remember it, but I sure do. It's a story she likes to hear about over and over, and she laughs every time. And... I think she's pretty proud of that scar. I'm sure your son will eventually like to tell his story and show off his scar, too.)

-Karen

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 3:12pm

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that your little guy had to go thorugh that, but I'm sure he'll be up and at it in no time!

I remember having to take my younger sister to the hospital when she was really young, she fell and split her head open.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2005 - 5:33pm

Little ones getting hurt is ALWAYS worse for Mom than anyone. I have four kids and EVERY ONE of them has had stitches or been hurt where I had to stand by while docs hurt them to help them.
It never gets any easier either. My youngest boy just got stitches in his finger last month and he is 18!! I hated it worse than he did! But he thinks its cool to have a scar.

Lise