New and Intro.

iVillage Member
New and Intro.
Thu, 12-08-2005 - 11:38pm

Hi everyone!!

My name is Sharon and I live just outside Philadelphia with my husband and two little girls ages 5 and 2.5.

I learned how to knit many moons ago, taught by

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at

iVillage Member
In reply to: smbinder
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 10:19am

Welcome to the board, Sharon! I think your problem of more yarn than time is a common one for those of us in the yarn arts. LOL I'm Angel, 25, from Va outside of DC. Look forward to getting to know you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 10:22am

Hi Sharon!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 6:45pm

I JUST got a new camera as a belated birthday present (birthday is in October, Hubby bought it in December) so

Sharon

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 9:49pm
Hi Sharon, Welcome to the board! I crochet, and just finally mastered it this year. OK, so maybe I should say got the hang of it lol.

Catch me hanging out in the

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2005 - 10:13am

Hi Trish,

I try to scope out yarn sales and even went to AC Moore's Midnight madness sale recently (wasn't really at midnight but an after hours sale)

A friend of mine told me to check out yard sales because sometimes you can catch someone getting rid of their yarn pile. She got a HUGE bag of skeins of all colors and materials for under $5!! She said the woman was getting older and couldn't knit anymore so was getting rid of her yarn. Can't beat that, right?

The easiest way for me to save money on yarn is to leave my oldest at home when I go shopping, LOL. I could be going to Walmart for diapers and she says, Mommy, can we just look a tthe yarn aisle? You know where that leads too ;-)

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at www.soaps-n-stuff.com

Community Leader for Philadelphia, PA

Sharon

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2005 - 11:09am
HAHA! It's the equivalent to the toy area of the stores to most other kids! I avoid the toys like the plague. I can't ever get my kids out of there, and they ask for stuff. I made it policy that we do not go to the toy department unless we're looking for something specific. However, my double standard is that the housewares and craft area are fully open to wandering and browsing. I don't always buy anything though...mostly dreaming of what I'd like to get.

Catch me

Catch me hanging out in the