The tree goes up sometime between December 1st and the 24th. I put it up once on Thanksgiving weekend and was absolutely tired of seeing it by mid December.
It's a team effort, mostly with the kids putting on the ornaments. I am in charge of the lights on the tree though.
No specific theme, just the miscellaneous ornaments we've collected over the years.
We're slowly adding things to include decorating the outside. I have a garland that I wound lights into that goes around the door outside.
I have some clutter that I spread around the house under the supposed premise of "decorating for the holidays"
Catch me hanging out in the
Hi I'm Jennifer, I'm new too and Looove yarn :)
1. What date does your tree go up? I don't have room this yr so I'm using my village houses and decorate the mantle for a festive touch.
2. Do you decorate it alone, or do you get help? usually alone
3. Do you chose a certain colour theme or does anything go? anything goes usually
4. Do you decorate outside of your house / apartment? I put garland on the mailbox and the rock walls at the end of the driveway w/ red bows
5. What else do you do to decorate inside? mainly the living area, a nice christmasy tablecloth w/ cookie tins scattered :)