Friday's Five

iVillage Member
Friday's Five
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 10:26am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 10:52am

1. What date does your tree go up? - Any date after Thanksgiving

2. Do you decorate it alone, or do you get help? - Ryan and I decorate it together

3. Do you chose a certain colour theme or does anything go? - Anything that strikes our fancy goes. My mom has themed trees and they are beautiful but I think our tree is beautiful as well. This year since our tiny apartment doesn't allow room for a tree we have a fake miniature tree that stands about 2 feet high in the window. It's lighted and has ornaments but any other year we do a full real tree.

4. Do you decorate outside of your house / apartment? - I wanted to put the wreath out there since we have a real one but Ryan wanted the smell of pine in here so we put it inside. I did put a garland outside our door but it needs some ribbon or something. It looks bare.

5. What else do you do to decorate inside? - I made us these stockings last year and one for my dog and put those up on the wall. Around the doorways of the living room I have garland up and some ornaments for accents. We also have a drop wall across our living room and I put garland up there that usually goes around the banister of the stairs. It's so long that it drapes over on the ends but it has a nice effect because it looks like it's framing the living room. I also have two Kissy bears from Hallmark sitting on an end table and a golden heart hanging in the middle of the doorway (like mistletoe). I wanted to put lights in the window but Ryan's too-big TV made it almost dangerous. It's Christmasy in here though!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 4:13pm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-09-2005 - 9:08pm

The tree goes up sometime between December 1st and the 24th. I put it up once on Thanksgiving weekend and was absolutely tired of seeing it by mid December.

It's a team effort, mostly with the kids putting on the ornaments. I am in charge of the lights on the tree though.

No specific theme, just the miscellaneous ornaments we've collected over the years.

We're slowly adding things to include decorating the outside. I have a garland that I wound lights into that goes around the door outside.

I have some clutter that I spread around the house under the supposed premise of "decorating for the holidays"

Catch me

Catch me hanging out in the

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2005 - 10:34am
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2005 - 6:21pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2005 - 9:06am

Hi I'm Jennifer, I'm new too and Looove yarn :)

1. What date does your tree go up? I don't have room this yr so I'm using my village houses and decorate the mantle for a festive touch.

2. Do you decorate it alone, or do you get help? usually alone

3. Do you chose a certain colour theme or does anything go? anything goes usually

4. Do you decorate outside of your house / apartment? I put garland on the mailbox and the rock walls at the end of the driveway w/ red bows

5. What else do you do to decorate inside? mainly the living area, a nice christmasy tablecloth w/ cookie tins scattered :)