Oh No...Where is Everybody??!!

iVillage Member
Oh No...Where is Everybody??!!
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 11:42am

Hi Everyone!

The board has been so quiet this week. I'm worried that if it is too quiet iVillage will close us down too! Let's chat about anything, weddings, babies, school, life in general.

Hope to hear from you in cyberspace soon!

JJ

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 12:48pm

Hello!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 3:54pm

I agree!! We don't want to get 'sent' to the cross-stitch place.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 4:28pm

Let's see where to I start about my week....

First of I've been so busy I thought today was Thursday and I had forgotten my DD's dance clothes. Thankfully it's only Wednesday! Yesterday I helped out at the Pharmacy for a while in the morning. For those who don't know we have 7 family businesses. 1 Pharmacy, 4 Durable Medical Equipment businesses, 1 car wash and our Management company. My position in the company is their computer geek. I deal with ALL the computer stuff and also seem to deal with anything electronic. So, I've been trying to get my husbands computer working again. I replaced the main board, hard drive and power supply. Still not working. Now I've ordered a new processor...would have been quicker to just buy a new computer! It took a power hit a few weeks ago. The pharmacy has been CRAZY. We are looking for a pharmacist, have been for a couple of years now. My FIL is the pharmacist there and yesterday he processed 400 prescriptions! That is a HUGE amount for one pharmacist, they normally have 1 per 250-300 and that's still busy. Then they add on this new prescription drug insurance that doesn't work for a darn and our day is super long. At one point I think they were backed up by 100 scripts! I went down there to help by sitting on the phone and waiting to get approvals from the insurance companies. In the middle of all of this Monday their main printer went down. So I had my DH grab our printer from another store but of course they were different models so I had to go in and fix it. I called our tech support but by the time they got back to me I had it fixed! lol So that meant our other store was without their main printer to do reports on so I had to find a replacement. Monday I visited with Granny and got to play a few hands of cards before I got called back to the store. Today I had another 2 computers crash. Our insurance Billers's computer started acting really funny and then my respiratory tech's laptop totally died (it's rather old anyway). So now I need to buy another computer and we need 2 laptops. UGH! I'm rather sick of computers at the moment. lol We have close to 60 employees now so all the headaches with that happen daily and there have been a lot of personnel problems lately. I usually end up helping talk to some employees about issues but try to stay out of it and leave that part to my husband who's the general manager of all our stores (except for the Pharmacy)

If you made it through that paragraph, well I'll tell you about my evening. I had some fun computer time playing my card games and then crocheted for a few hours watching my tape of ER and CSI from last Thursday. :) I'm about 6 rows away from being finished I think, it all depends on how it looks and if I've added enough to make it a bigger baby blanket.

I have a headache now and I'm ready to go and get DD from school to go out and visit Granny and Grandma. :)

Some days I love having this family business, other days I just wish I was a "worker" lol

Jodi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 5:37pm

Wow,

that is some day.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 5:46pm

Heather,

Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat! How exciting. I would have totally cried. You are so funny. I think you should buy as much maternity clothes as you want! Eventhough people say you won't wear them very long, you wear them a lot when you do and you mentioned you wanted a big family so I'm sure you will put them to good use again. I think maternity outfits are so cute. You can always sew them in a few inches if you want to keep wearing them afterwards.

I didn't know you had houseguests for that long. Wow, 2 weeks is a long time. Did you have to entertain them too, or were they pretty self sufficient?

My week has been pretty uneventful. The weather here is still pretty hot and very dry. Please send some cold weather this way.

I finished piecing together the toddler sweater and I must say I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt at a wearable project. Tonight I have to work on the collar and then I will post pictures.

Hugs,
JJ

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 5:49pm

Lise,

Are you knitting or crocheting your socks? All the discussion about socks may finally get me in gear to learn to knit. However, socks seems hard.

Hmmm...a bell shaped seater? What does that look like. Is Knitty Gritty a website or a television show?

Keep us the chitter chatter!

JJ

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2006 - 5:56pm

WOW! What a week and it's only Wednesday!!!

That's really impressive to have so many family businesses. Is your pharmacy family-owned or a chain? I was reading awhile back on MSN that pharmicists are the highest paid occupation.

Hmmm...the most exciting thing that happened to us this week is we got DVR (Digital Video Recorder). I have to tell you, for now, it's the best thing since sliced bread! It has totally changed the way I watch TV. It's really cool how you can rewind live TV if you miss something. You can also set it up to record only first-run episodes on a particular channel, you can record multiple channels at the same time while watching, I don't know how we ever lived without it. Now I can record all of my daytime shows without having to remember to put in a video, set-up the VCR, etc. I just set it up once and Walah! it's set forever. The daytime shows that I have set to record for now are: Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals and The Carol Duval Show. I am such a nerd/ geek.

I am excited there's more chatter on the board today.

JJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2006 - 12:21am

I am knitting the socks.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2006 - 6:49am
Knitty Gritty usually says if you miss something in the instructions/ supplies

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2006 - 7:56am

Here is what I can get off the website:

PHOTO

Figure D Flared Ruffle Edge

A more elaborate ruffle can be achieved by decreasing stitches gradually over several rows (figure D).

Materials
Brown Sheep Yarn Company's Cotton Fleece yarn
Size 6 (4.00 mm) bamboo knitting needles

Note: SSK means slip the next 2 sts one at a time knitwise, then insert the point of your LH needle into them and knit them together.

Row 1 (RS): P2, *K10, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 2: K2, *P10, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 3: P2, *SSK, K6, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 4: K2, *P8, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 5: P2, *SSK, K4, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 6: K2, *P6, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 7: P2, *SSK, K2, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 8: K2, *P4, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 9: P2, *SSK, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 10: K2, *P2, K2. Repeat from * across.
Continue in Stockinette Stitch for the rest of the piece.

PHOTO

Figure E The flared, ribbed sweater is knit using the same technique as the edging. The carefully spaced and executed decreases create the easy, swingy shape (figure E).

Pages