A horrible yarn?

iVillage Member
A horrible yarn?
Mon, 01-16-2006 - 11:56am

This is the QOTW!

Have you ever had a yarn that you tried to work with, but it was horrible?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-16-2006 - 10:26pm

Have you ever had a yarn that you tried to work with, but it was horrible?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2006 - 12:04am
I've tried plenty of yarns and wasn't happy with the results or how it felt working with it. The stores around here are pretty good about you exchanging one for another as long as you have your receipt, but with odds and ends of yarn I take it to the senior center here in town. They have a craft closet and love love love getting all and any kinds of supplies. Or if you're into eBay, they sell everything there, everything. My grandmother would have loved all my leftovers, she made the prettiest granny square afghans in the world.

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-17-2006 - 3:31pm

OMG!!! I had the same problem with the Red Heart Fiesta too!!! How funny. I got all the knots out, but then once I started crocheting it I didn't like how it felt or how it looked. I got through about 5 rows and stopped. I tried making it into potholders and other small accessories, but I couldn't stand the colors! Everyone finally told me to just chuck the whole thing and that it's not worth it to work on something you don't like. Amen! I returned the rest of the skeins and I have the one I used stashed at the bottom of my yarn box. Yuck! I should just throw it away. I don't even want to donate it or sell it in a garage sale. I'm getting the heebies just thinking about it...

JJ