Anyone here sell their crocheted items?

iVillage Member
Anyone here sell their crocheted items?
Thu, 01-19-2006 - 1:20am
I've gotten back to crocheting this year and made a poncho for my grand-niece recently - it turned out sooooooo adorable and was actually so simple and quick to make. I'm forever saying I wouldn't mind making a few bucks off my crafts - in the past I was in a couple of co-ops with other crafts, but I've learned over the years it's the textiles and yarn I enjoy using the most. Anybody here have any luck actually selling their yarn crafts? I've done lots of the school craft shows, I'm not fond of that venue!

~~joannaran~~

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2006 - 7:44am

I have done several craft shows with my other craft, toiletry making, but have not with my yarn crafts (knitting). I am going to put a few sets together this year that include a decorative wash cloth to see how that goes. So, we will see.

When

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2006 - 10:08am
I sold an afghan I made on ebay. :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2006 - 10:10am
I've sold things privately to family members and friends (mostly purses) and I've considered trying craft shows when I'm on maternity leave.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2006 - 10:27am

I have given things to silent auctions for fund raising and so on but never really sold something outright. I've thought about it but I make so much for gifts that I don't really have the time to make to sell. I'd love to sell my fun fur flip flops and beaded socks since they are quick and easy and I could actually take custom orders. Maybe some day ;-)

Jodi

Photobucket