Who's Around this Weekend?

iVillage Member
Who's Around this Weekend?
Sat, 01-21-2006 - 11:35am

What's the weather like?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2006 - 12:48pm

It's freakin' cold!!!! (can I use that word here?) I think it was -30 yesterday. Thank God for the remote start. And a warm house.

Glad someone likes winter....Heather... ;) Sounds like you'll be busy and cosy.

I'm going to test out circular needles today. I'm so excited! (I posted to ask for hints on using these) Staying inside and warm and tangled up in yarn is my weekend plan. Except for when I need to drive the kids around. Darn kids. They wreck everything. lol

Karen ;)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2006 - 9:24pm

It is unseasonably warm here in SE PA. A tad windy but I can't really complain since I am not a fan of winter. My 5 YO spent last night and today with grandma (MIL) and hubby didn't want to do anything so I let him bond with our 2.5 YO and I finally made a trip to three of our LYS that I had never visited before. I was looking to touch and feel some yarns that I have patterns for but to no avail since none of the 3 carry those yarns :-(. I also wanted a sub yarn for a really nice, line by line, sweater pattern I have. I can't wear wool (allergic to lanolin, get a nasty rash and hives, TMI?) but they couldn't help either. I am on yarndex right now trying to figure it out myself which, I think I have. Right gauge anyway even though differnet needle size.

I also frogged a chenille project I was working on since it won't hold form once complate (one thing I learned from one of the LYS) Hopefully going to start this cute little knit bag pattern I have. We are going out nice next weekend to celebrate a milestone b-day for my Mom and would love to have the bag done to use :-)

BTW, going to LYS is dangerous! Sooooo many gorgeous yarns. I was a good girl. I went with a mission, they didn't have what I wanted, I didn't buy a thing. Hubby was VERY surprised, LOL

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at www.soaps-n-stuff.com

Community Leader for Philadelphia, PA

Sharon
Mom to Hana and Rachel, official product testers at