Who's Who

iVillage Member
Who's Who
Mon, 01-30-2006 - 9:22pm

Since I am relatively new here, I am not familiar with who is on the board, who does what (knit, crochet, weave, etc), and how long they've been doing it/what they've done. Just to get an idea of who is on the board.

I've been knitting since the end of December 2004, so just a little over a year. I fell in love with it almost immediately. I've knitted three scarves, three hats, and a sweater. I have another scarf on the needles, but I am also about to start socks (knee-highs). I know some of the basics, but as all of my projects have been made out of the same kind of yarn (Homespun) and most of them had set patterns, I know very little about the types of yarn I need to use for certain projects, and how to adapt a pattern to work for me.
I tried crochet when I was young but didn't care for it. I did cardweaving for a little bit but moved onto to other things and never went back. I can't ever imagine giving up knitting.

~Seagoat

iVillage Member
In reply to: seagoat42
Tue, 01-31-2006 - 1:26pm

I've been crocheting & knitting since I was 9 (so that's 16 years! wow!).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 12:59pm

Hi there!

I'm Jodi. I've been crocheting since I as 8 or so. My Grandmother taught me how to crochet and then I was in 4-H for a few years where

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2006 - 4:24pm

Hi,

This is JJ. I've also been crocheting since I was about 8 years old. My great aunt taught me the basics, like how to make a chain, crochet in the round, etc. and then my grandmother and my mom taught me how to improve the quality of my pieces and how to read patterns and diagrams. I crochet mostly baby blankets and afghans. I recently started to experiment with wearable projects like a toddler poncho and a toddler sweater. I don't know how to knit, but I do know how to use the Knifty Knitter. My favorite yarn is Caron Simply Soft, but yesterday I bought on sale at Hobby Lobby Yarn Bee Pitter Patter yarn and I think that may be in the running to becoming my new favorite.

If you'd like to see my projects feel free to stop by my Webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/momohewey_excite

JJ

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 4:13am

I am Allison in Northern Michigan, and I taught myself to crochet almost a year ago.

I've made several doilies, 5 sets of booties, 5 baby hats, 5 baby blankets, 4 dishclothes, 3 baby bibs,

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 9:00am

I'm Amy, I both knit and crochet, but have been knitting more than crochetting lately.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 9:20am
I am Karen. I

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 2:54pm

Great idea!

I'm Angel, the intermittent poster. =P I've been knitting for almost a year now I think. I started off by teaching myself but then also took lessons at the Michael's. I've been addicted ever since. I've taught myself a lot of new things like working with DPNs and doing socks but would really love to learn how to finish the proper way. I hail from a line of crocheters. My mom and grandmother both crocheted. My grandmother was so awesome she did those elaborate tablecloths with that little crocheting yarn. My sister and I instead picked up knitting. Yarn arts are in our blood I guess.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com -->
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2006 - 3:09pm
I used to knit back when I was in college but gave it up in favor of needlepoint, crewel embroidery and cross-stitch. Came back to knitting in 2004 and have knit several scarves as gifts and one afghan.

Visit me at That Yank In... and Traveling with That Yank

Avatar made with Portrait Illustrator Maker

Stitchery WIPs:"Neighborhood" RR, "Lady Liberty", "The Magic of Summer","Blue Porcelain Collection", "Walking to Town", and 2 sets of curtain tie-backs using a DMC freebie chart and the new DMC linen threads

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2006 - 3:30pm
HI and welcome aboard...I'm Julie (sweetmissmagnolia)....I'm 35 (on saturday LOL)...I crochet and sew and do related craftings...I've been crocheting for about 1 full year now....I've been sewing for about 2-3 years I guess....and crafting for don't know how long...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2006 - 8:17pm
Hi, my name's Amanda!