iVillage Member
My mom is sabotaging my yarn arts!!
Tue, 02-07-2006 - 4:31pm
My mom gave me the nicest gift yesterday, its

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2006 - 5:01pm

Too funny!!

My grandmother keeps giving me pattern to make and pushes me to do them NOW!! That's why some of my projects are still UFOs. But at least she sticks to pushing crochet on me instead of trying to get me to do something different.

You'll get it all done. Just take your time and don't stress. Once you do go on Maternity leave, you'll have something to while away the hours too. Trust me, you'll have a lot of them to kill. The anticipation of the coming attraction will probably make you too fidgity to sleep on some nights, so now you have something to do at those times.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The WeatherPixie

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 1:16am

Careful to avoid letting your life become a bunch of unfinished projects. Finish a couple of the UFO's first then start the quilt.

BTW, what is a UFO in the world of yarn?

Catch me

Catch me hanging out in the

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 8:49am

My UFO's (unfinished objects) in my world of yarn include:

- baby sweater (like 99% done, I'll finish it this week)

- sweater for my husband (on the back burner until baby comes, and he knows that!)

Guess that's it for now - thought I had a lot more to do but when I think about it I'm doing pretty good :)

Thanks for making me think about it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 11:15am

Heather,

The quilt kit sounds pretty neat. Maybe you can finish the sweater before the Olympic Opening Ceremonies and do the quilt kit for the board olympics. Just an idea. I know you had already picked out a project for this, but since you got the kit...

JJ