looking for a crochet pattern

iVillage Member
looking for a crochet pattern
Mon, 02-13-2006 - 6:32pm
I am absolutely livid!!!! a rat got into my kitchen and somehow pulled a crochet doily I had sitting on the table down and tried to pull it back in the hole he came in through and absolutely shredded it....Not even sure what to call it.Someone in dh's family made it but noone can remember who.....I'm so mad.....It was kind of a circular star pattern (a circle but had points-had to explain) it was a grape vine theme...it had triangular grape clusters all around the circle...done in purple,green and white.....I've looked through my books and can't find something similar....It's probably an old pattern.....**sigh** not sure if I even ever took a pic of it....GRRRRR darned rat!!!!!!!

Edited 2/13/2006 6:35 pm ET by sweetmissmagnolia
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2006 - 11:45pm

Ugh! What a major bummer. I hope you have disposed of that rat. ((HUGS)) I'm just waiting for one to get into my house and destroy something. Here's hoping the chickens and cats will keep them away lol (most likely my chickens, the cat's are too "chicken" to know what to do with a fly let alone a rat! lol)

I did some searching for grape doily patterns and came up with a few. Let me know if I've gotten close. If none match I'll take a look through my pattern books and see if any are in there, nothing comes to mind but I have so many there is no telling!

http://www.anniesattic.com/stitches/crochet/patterns/pdfs/popcorn_grape_harvest_doily.pdf

http://www.craftown.com/cropat43.htm

Let me know if I've gotten close.

Jodi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2006 - 8:41am

That really sucks :(

Maybe you'll find your pattern on this huge list of doilie ones:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2006 - 10:47am
thanks so much for the hard searching work .....((HUGS)) the grape clusters are more like the first link you have posted...but they were done in a purple/white varigated yarn....but the arches and "points" look very similar...the one I'm looking for is larger too but it's a start....((HUGS)) thanks so much-I'm going to sit down and do some looking today......
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2006 - 10:49am
thanks for the link...........
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-14-2006 - 11:19am

Let us know what you find out. I'll try and look some more today. :)

Jodi

Photobucket