Advice please.....

iVillage Member
Advice please.....
Wed, 02-15-2006 - 8:59am

Hi All,

I found a crochet pattern for a hooded scarf. The pattern is quite pretty the stitches are similar to a shell pattern, but I am almost finished with my second full scane of 4ply yarn and it's only half way finished. I am finding that when I drape this thing over my head its heavy. What do you think, would you rip it out and try a different stitch pattern? Do any of you have a pattern for a hooded scarf?

Thanks

chipper

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-15-2006 - 8:31pm

How cold is it where you live? Would you use such a heavy hooded scarf or are you giving it away to somebody as a gift?

I'd hate to see you wrip out all your work if you just feel it's too heavy. What a tough decision.

I have family that lives in snow country up in Northern MI where they can use a really heavy hooded scarf so personally I'd keep going and finish it to give to my Mom.

Maybe finish this one and find a more sport weigh yarn to do another one in?

Jodi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2006 - 8:04am

That is good advise. I live in CT, this scarf is for me because if I make something and it comes out nice, I usually give it away. I'll have to try to get another skein of this yarn, i bought it a while back.

Thanks for replying.

chipper

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2006 - 9:55am

Glad I could help. I went back through and read my message again, I sure could have used spell check! lol

One shouldn't answer posts when they are tired and getting a cold lol.

Jodi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-16-2006 - 2:22pm

Speaking of colds.... someone recently told me about a Danon yogurt drink called something like DanActive it is supposed to have immune boosters (whatever those are) and is great to ward off or prevent colds. I'm going to look for it during the Sat. grocery run.

Just thought i'd pass the info along.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2006 - 12:12pm

Hopefully I'm not too late with this....

I wouldn't rip it out, if you don't like the weight of it you could always donate it to a homeless shelter or a charity that specializes in winter wear, they would really appreciate it.

As for patterns, here is one

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting