DPN problem...

iVillage Member
DPN problem...
Fri, 03-17-2006 - 4:48pm

Ok. This is weird.
I am making my first sock with DPN's and I've done well so far. I just finished the ribbing, but now that I'm on the knit only part I have a question. The 'right side' of my knitting is on the inside of the tube. Isn't it supposed to be on the outside? I'm not sure how this happened. This is not right is it? Who said knitting was relaxing?? lol

Karen

iVillage Member
In reply to: just_kj
Fri, 03-17-2006 - 7:09pm

I found my own answer @ http://www.keyway.net/crafts/Dpnpost.htm

"If you knit right handed, the last stitch you cast on, with the working yarn trailing, will be on the right needle, top, here; the first stitch on the left, top. Note that you can hold the two working needles in back or in front. If you hold them in back, with the third needle (middle needle in the above diagram) in front, then the tube of fabric will form wrong side out. If you hold the two working needles in front, with the third needle behind, the fabric will form with the right side facing you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Karen

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-17-2006 - 7:37pm
Glad you figured it out!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-17-2006 - 7:56pm

Heather,

How did you fix it? Do you just turn it the right way out and continue on? I find it funny that it's not really written anywhere that this can happen. There should be a warning on the needle package or something lol. If I ever make a knitting blog, it will be on it.
Thanks for replying. It's been pretty quiet here lately.

How are you feeling?

Karen