I am so Excited

iVillage Member
I am so Excited
Wed, 10-01-2008 - 2:41pm

Ok Ok its early days I know

but I started the headwrap posted by poetiquequeen
and I have done the foundation chain row then the next two rows following the pattern and so far so good

now I know this isnt much to many of you who are so good at this BUT to me its amazing in my teens and twenties I tried several times to progress to straight lines and following patterns from doing granny squares and I could never do them

so an achievement for me

so lets home tomorrow I can do a little more - for tonight I am going to put it away and get on with the jacket I am knitting :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-01-2008 - 6:14pm

I started it, too. I was all, "there's no way this is gonna fit my big ole head", but then realized that's only half of it. I've got the first panel done now, hope to finish the second one.

She started quite a little thing amongst us all, huh?

Great job on accomplishing a harder pattern. Before you know it, you'll be a super advanced master crocheter!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-01-2008 - 11:37pm

Oh thanks Julie

I cant believe you have finished the first panel already - way to go

tomorrow I plan to do a bit more - I am jsut happy that I an follow the pattern - and how neat is crochet - I can pop a project in my bag and take to appointments much easier than the knitted jacket I am doing as the projects are so much easier to transport
you have inspired me to put in that extra effort later today (its 4.30 am here) I would like to do some under natural rather than artifical light :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 10:27am
congrats! I'm glad it's going ok for you. A little at a time :) great job! can't wait til it's finished and you can post some pics!!!

Little Girl fairy

Little Girl fairy
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 10:35am

Thank you so much for inspiring me
I have got to row 10 and will do a bit more before the light goes here in the uk (perhaps even finish the straight bit and the best bit is I still have the right number of stitches and am really pleased

I know to some I am slow at this - but then I can knit faster than some can :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-02-2008 - 3:49pm
don't worry about being slow, it doesn't matter how fast others can go. as long as you are having fun with it - that's the whole point! :)

Little Girl fairy

Little Girl fairy