Ridiculous slippers

iVillage Member
Ridiculous slippers
Sat, 10-11-2008 - 2:51pm

So, I wanted to make my Daphne a pair of slippers, since I lost one of the cute knit slipper socks I had bought her at Target. A quick search revealed this pattern:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70225AD.html (it's on the Lion website, so don't bother looking if you're not registered there)

They look pretty normal, right? The pair I made for Daphne, in the small size, isn't so bad. So I decided to make a pair in medium for Graham. OMG, they're so ridiculously wide! DH said they look like swim flippers. I used a variegated green/blue yarn, so that really enhances the whole thing. Because they're already so silly looking, I put a crown-like edge around them so now they're his "'Neptune King of the Sea' flipper slippers". He says they make him happy, so I guess it's worth it! :-)

Sheesh...my feet are 11 wide, and these slippers are just a tiny bit narrower than my foot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 10:19am

ok, we need pictures! ;-)

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 3:31pm

Ask and ye shall receive. Really, really late, LOL!! Here are the ridiculous frogman slippers:

Photobucket

And the only slightly less ridiculous slippers on the gorgeous little model. She keeps ripping them right off, so I plan to weave a little elastic through the stitches.

Photobucket

They have a pattern for adult slippers. The green/blue ones are 11 stitches wide. The adult ones are 12. So yeah, they're really really wide, LOL!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 10:11pm
Those are great. I love them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 12:16pm
So very cute!! Oh, and so are the slippers!! --Robin
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 9:37am

they are super cute!!! I'm glad you posted pictures. :)

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket