Getting ready for beg. & adv. classes

iVillage Member
Getting ready for beg. & adv. classes
Mon, 10-27-2008 - 12:17pm

I know what i'm going to do for the most part in my beginner class, get them started and going with Crochet! I"m just really unsure what to teach in the advanced class. This will be a group of adults that volunteer with Girl Scouts. I'm thinking to gear things towards what they could teach their girls, but would that be advanced enough to qualify for an advanced crochet class?

I was thinking of trying to teach Amigurumi, but I'll need to try some myself first!

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 9:37pm
I'm afraid I don't have any experience in such things - my only thought for the advanced class was to use more advanced patterns ;-)
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 9:14am

That's what I was thinking! I think what I'm going to do is find some motifs that are considered Int. to Advanced and have them do them. Then talk to them about teaching the girls to crochet things and idea's for service projects. :)

Maybe I'll have them crochet a pair of snowflake earings! Off to look for patterns. :)

Jodi

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 2:45pm
Right now, I'm into crocheted lace. There's a form called "filet" that makes a picture out of a bunch of squares, alternately filled or open, which can be as elaborate as you dare.
Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 9:25pm
I haven't done much filet, but do like the results of what I've tried :o)
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 11:57pm

I have not had much success with Filet, I'd hate to try and teach it and it be wrong! I can't get my count to turn out right, so I need to practice more. I love the look of it, just don't have the patients to figure it out! ;-)

Jodi

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 9:05am
Hmm. I just made it up as I went, with a simple pattern (a heart). Ok, I really did start with the wrong number of chains, but I could have frogged it & tried a few more times. Once I was started, all I had to do was look for the 3rd stitch & make sure I ended it straight. (i.e. didn't short any rows, a reason why I always tend to crochet trapezoids when I want rectangles)
Cthulu Crochet