I've been crocheting a bit more, lately

iVillage Member
I've been crocheting a bit more, lately
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 2:22pm

Mostly because my knitting projects have been getting too "interesting" (i.e. complicated) to be travel stuff, and I have all these little bits of yarn that I "might as well do something with".

So, I'm still trying to get a good rendition of a Serpinski triangle, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpi%C5%84ski_triangle , mainly for illustration purposes. I did one sort of based on granny squares, but with rather irregular webbing in what would be a large open space in the figure. Now I'm trying to do it as "filet" (Very grid-like crocheting, with open & closed work to make an arbitrary picture) except that I want it to remain triangle shaped, not a triangle rendered in a square grid, and I want it to start on the point & be infinitely expandable, so it's coming out a little oddly.

However, looking over patterns, I've seen this lovely lacy poncho, that I may actually make as a crochet project. But not yet. It's mitten season.

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 12:01am

wow, that's way too much math for me but so cool looking! Post some pictures if you can, I'd love to see them. :)

I hear you on the complex things not traveling well, I hate it when we go some place and I work in the car and get home only to realize all the work I did was nil since I made a mistake many rows back. DH doesn't get why I tear it out, sigh.

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 9:03am
My problem is that my last & current knitting project are two-color two-at-once. (Socks turned out so nice, I'm trying mittens now.) That's balls of yarn to tangle. I'll have to get a picture of the socks on the kid. She liked them so much, she didn't wait for me to weave the ends in. (Well, that and it was a cold day and she needed long socks.)
Cthulu Crochet