help.. calorimetry from knitty!

iVillage Member
help.. calorimetry from knitty!
Tue, 03-04-2008 - 4:51pm
k... so i missed the "need help" section and decided it would be dumb to repost it... it is already here. i'm soooo sorry... next time i will read more carefully. please don't kick me off the board! LOL!! will you help me anyway?

ok gals... i have gauge. for the pattern! the problem is that my head is four inches smaller around than the pattern calls for with gauge... it is short rows... and it says you can cast on less stitches... i don't know how to do it in less stitches. i haven't made it before, and i think it would work better to follow the pattern exactly. i also don't want to buy needles one size smaller... i barely use my fours and i don't want sixes laying around... i knit it on sevens and it got me here... any ideas? i wanted to make it tonight!!
sparrow levi

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Edited 3/4/2008 4:56 pm ET by sweet_bluesparrow

Edited 3/4/2008 4:57 pm ET by sweet_bluesparrow
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2008 - 12:30pm

I'm sorry Sparrow, I'm no

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2008 - 2:40pm
I've never made this but if you're on Ravelry there have been some discussions about it.
Photobucket

July 15, 2008 - Decided on Social Servi

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2008 - 3:29pm
yeah... i got it... and you are never gonna believe what i did! when i swatched for gauge, i did it in straight stitch instead of 2x2 rib!! once i did it again, the right way, it was perfect. i started knitting last night, and it is looking really good. the biggest challenge now is keeping the 120 stitches in thick and thin manos del uruguay wool on my short bamboo needles!!! lol! thanks for the support tho... btw... how do i get hooked up with ravelry? does it cost?
sparrow levi

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2008 - 7:36pm
Ravelry is free, they're still testing so you have to sign up and wait for an invite but from what I've heard the wait is only a week or two now.
Photobucket

July 15, 2008 - Decided on Social Servi

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-05-2008 - 7:43pm
i found it and i signed up on the waiting list this afternoon... yay! thanks for the info. btw, i am like five rows from finishing the hat/caloriemetry... i will post a link to the pics when it is done!!!
sparrow levi

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-08-2008 - 8:34pm

My LYS told me about Ravelry and it took about 3 weeks for me to get my invitation to join. It seems pretty cool, I've only gone over a couple of times.

~Sam

~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-09-2008 - 8:23pm
It didn't take me too long to get my invite to Ravelry.