Branching out from socks

iVillage Member
Branching out from socks
Fri, 04-25-2008 - 2:36pm

Mainly it's for being temporarilly homeless & having no real mailing address, though I might check out the LYSs over the weekend. So, what I've got on hand after finishing the last socks (not fast enough to give to DD to warm her hands on the "spring" camping trip) is some very thin pink acrylic , and some plain white worsted weight cotton. So in this months knitty (www.knitty.com) there's a simple pattern for fingerless mitts called "spyrogyra". Not sure whether 48 stitches on size 3 needles works for me, but it will take a couple inches to be sure. Anyhow, it's a simple & pretty lace, and I've been thinking about mitts & mittens, being inclined to cold hands and now living near Denver. And if the 3s don't work, I'll frog it and try size 1.

Cthulu Crochet

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2008 - 6:14pm

Those are beautiful! I hope they work out well and you don't end up frogging them and switching to a 1. They sound so tiny, I can't imagine knitting on 1's

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2008 - 6:29pm
I knit my last socks on 1s, and a lot of hardcore sock folk use 0s and 00s. This pattern is pretty lacy, and doesn't have to be too long. I'll be surprised if it takes me as much as 3 weeks to finish (not counting frogs)
Cthulu Crochet