The Friday Night Knitting Club

iVillage Member
The Friday Night Knitting Club
Sat, 04-26-2008 - 9:59pm

by Kate Jacobs.

I believe I mentioned this novel before. It didn't get all the best reviews, but the ones who didn't have nice things to day seemed to not knit or crochet, so I don't thing they got the whole knitting club concept. ;-)

Has anyone else read the book? I really enjoyed reading it and I think it'll be one I'll read again which says a lot for the book, I'm not much of a re-reader when it comes to novels. To me the book was about the lives of these women in the knitting club and what they all went through, focused around the owner of the knitting store where they had their meetings.

If you have a chance to get the book, I highly recommend it! Ask your local library to get a copy for you...then ask them if you can start a knitting club at the library! ;-)

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2008 - 11:31am
I read this book and liked it.

Christine

Community Leader
Sun, 04-27-2008 - 3:53pm
I have read the book too and I loved it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2008 - 10:09pm
I found the creations amazing myself. I wish they had pictures!

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 7:57am

I LOVED the book and would re-read it in a year or so. I've connected to their web site and am enjoying chatting with ladies all over the world about the story, characters and the outcome. When I finished, I walked around in a 'slump' for a few days, missing the ladies! check out their site, www.walkeranddaughter.com

" if the grass seems greener on the other side, it only means you need to water your own" me :)
" if the grass seems greener on the other side, it only means you need to water your own" me :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2008 - 1:50pm
I agree with everyone.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-24-2008 - 3:42pm
Just found a copy at the used book store for $3.50 so I figured I'd give it a try, I'll read just about anything so I'll probably like it.
Photobucket

July 15, 2008 - Decided on Social Servi

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 9:19pm
I had to put a hold on it at the library, and it finally came in last week. I picked it up Saturday and spent most of the day and night reading it. I was up waaaaaaaaaay into the wee hours because I was very engrossed in it. I had to take a couple days off from reading it because of my schedule, but finished the last few chapters last night. I too was suprised by the ending, and was totally caught off guard. My husband and 2 sons thought I was nuts for reading a book ABOUT knitting. Oh well, I wrinkled my brain some more by reading this, so pbbbttt to them lol.
~Trish

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
--old Irish blessing

Irish siggy courtesy beaches59

Photobucket
~Trish

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 10:02pm
I'm listening to the book on CD (well, on my mp3 player) right now and I love it!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 10:49pm
I've just started this, and I'm definitely enjoying it :o)
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 5:55am
Not the sort of literature I would normally choose but when the owner of my local craft shop talked about it and offered to lend it to me when I was in buying yearn - what could I say - fantastic book and although as said not a genre I would normally choose but so glad I read it :)

Pages