Grr, socks don't fit

iVillage Member
Grr, socks don't fit
Sat, 11-15-2008 - 6:28pm

DS really wanted me to make him some socks. I got one done in this pattern: http://www.rosemarywaits.com/2006/09/06/pattern-cabled-toddler-socks and its adorable, but it doesn't fit his huge foot.

Now I'm torn about whether I should make the second sock in the same size and give them away or frog it and start over.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

wearbaby.gif image by joysiggyvbacmomma.gif image by joysiggystarbucks.gif starbucks image by joysiggy

SDK_BreastfeedingMama.gif image by joysiggySanDiegoChargersBlinky.gif image by joysiggybirthday2.gif image by joysiggy

proudnerdblinkie1.gif image by joysiggydontwean1.gif image by joysiggycding22.gif image by joysiggy

joypark.jpg picture by funkymamajoy

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-16-2008 - 10:45am

oh man, that sucks! What did you decide to do?

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 1:39am
Knitting seems great as long as one understands that one has to learn many lessons along the way
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 8:20pm
I second that! What did you decide to do? I hate frogging anything, especially socks, so if it were me I'd just make another one the same size and give them away.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 10:38pm
I put it away and I've working on a scarf instead. I'm still undecided on what to do.

wearbaby.gif image by joysiggyvbacmomma.gif image by joysiggystarbucks.gif starbucks image by joysiggy

SDK_BreastfeedingMama.gif image by joysiggySanDiegoChargersBlinky.gif image by joysiggybirthday2.gif image by joysiggy

proudnerdblinkie1.gif image by joysiggydontwean1.gif image by joysiggycding22.gif image by joysiggy

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2008 - 12:14pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 9:22pm

I frogged the sock, the kitchener stitch at the toe looked terrible anyway. I'm trying again with an extra 8 stitches. If they don't fit again then I'm giving them away.

I must be crazy to be making hand wash only socks for a 3 year old anyway.