How do you store your needles?

iVillage Member
How do you store your needles?
Sun, 02-15-2009 - 6:19pm
Especially the circs? Right now, mine are all thrown in a box and its disaster.

Joy.gif picture by funkymamajoy

wearbaby.gif image by joysiggyvbacmomma.gif image by joysiggynatural.gif picture by funkymamajoy

SDK_BreastfeedingMama.gif image by joysiggySanDiegoChargersBlinky.gif image by joysiggycsiyws.gif picture by funkymamajoy

BF-Water-Challenge.gif picture by funkymamajoy

proudnerdblinkie1.gif image by joysiggydontwean1.gif image by joysiggycding22.gif image by joysiggy

joypark.jpg picture by funkymamajoy

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-15-2009 - 9:29pm
I have the Boye Interchangeables that come with a case. My straights are in two containers. The 10" ones are in a tall coffee mug that I like, but can't use b/c the handle broke. The 15" ones are in a cylindrical vase and they sit on my desk or on the dresser that houses the craft stuff next to the desk. I can't imagine what I'd do with fixed circulars though. I can see where your current method would drive you nuts. Maybe you can store them in a needle or hook case that has slots/pockets for each needle, and just space the separate ends of the needles a few slots apart so the cords don't get quite as tangled. In case you need further visuals... say you have 3 sets of circs (for the sake of argument here) 7's, 10's, 12's and all 16 inches long. You get a needle case that has 12 pockets across for each of the needles. You put one end of the 7 in slot 1, 10 in slot 2, 12 in slot 3. Then move the other ends to slot, 12, 11, and 10 accordingly.
Not sure how that would work, but it might be worth a shot. Otherwise you can get a corkboard and a bunch of pushpins, and hang each set of circulars from a pushpin. Or a french message board with the criss-crossed ribbons, tuck one end behind a ribbon and hang the circs from the ribbons that way. Then they'd be sort of on display.
~Trish

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
--old Irish blessing

Irish siggy courtesy beaches59

Photobucket
~Trish

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 5:01am
At least your needles are in a box .Most of mine are in a drawer in needlecase with just the one compartment .Circular set are in a knitting bag . Other knitting bag has a side tube like section which takes a pair of wide knitting needles .Other knitting needles are ufortunately left out with various projects which have collected their energy forces together to give me a breakdown and by end of today hopefully i will have put away all knitting and needles apart from one project
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 2:11pm
Hee hee, another bonus of crochet! Much easier to keep those bad boys organized. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 2:23pm

;) One of the women in our knitting circle gave every one a small tin of Whitman's Sampler (chocolates), not for the candy but because the tins are just the right size for crochet hooks! Double treat!

Pat

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2009 - 8:23pm

I have a little soft cover zipper case for all my crochet hooks, but I've got so many (and doubles of alot) that there aren't enough spaces in the case to hold them...I have to be careful when I unzip it so they don't all fall out.

For my knitting needles, I have another zipper case and I've got most of my straight needles and some dpns in there.

Jenn 

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2009 - 8:17pm

I keep straight needles in a glass vase on my dresser.

Photobucket

July 15, 2008 - Decided on Social Servi