I give up

iVillage Member
I give up
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 10:10pm

I just can't knit anything more difficult than a basic dish cloth. Maybe if I did a garter stitch for the border i'd do ok, I don't know. I've tired twice now on the KAL dishcloth and have messed up both times. :( At least I can crochet! lol

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_paigemama74
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 1:13pm

I got all done with yesterday's part, then realized that I dropped a stitch and had to frog back to row 24.

*sigh* I'm almost back to where I was yesterday and now I'm trying really hard not to look ahead.

Joy.gif picture by funkymamajoy

wearbaby.gif image by joysiggyvbacmomma.gif image by joysiggynatural.gif picture by funkymamajoy

SDK_BreastfeedingMama.gif image by joysiggySanDiegoChargersBlinky.gif image by joysiggycsiyws.gif picture by funkymamajoy

BF-Water-Challenge.gif picture by funkymamajoy

proudnerdblinkie1.gif image by joysiggydontwean1.gif image by joysiggycding22.gif image by joysiggy

joypark.jpg picture by funkymamajoy

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 9:46pm

I'm hoping 3rd time is a charm for me. I'm just doing the stockinette stitch for the edges this time, I think the moss stitch messed me up, need to pay attention too much! lol

I wish I could have frogged back and started over but I can't get the stitches back on the needle correctly! lol

Good luck, hope you got caught up and finished!

Jodi

Photobucket

Thank you ecullworm for the awesome siggie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Community Leader
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 10:22am

That was a nice simple pattern. I just finished mine up this morning because while I was working on it a little too late last night I realized I'd accidentally done a yarn over and had an extra stitch so I tore the row out and redid it and got it finished this morning. I made the mistake of using a verigated yarn because I really can't see the design all that well. That's okay though. I think I'm going to give it to my mom.

I'd get more and make one for my sister but the place where I get my yarn isn't doing such a good job of keeping it stocked and it has become about the only place in town to get anything for crafting since Wal-Mart got rid of most of their stuff. (Like I ever went there much anyway. I HATE that store).

Now it's time to get back to the two afghan's I'm working on.

If you're like me and have trouble with doing much more than "k, p". There is an awesome book call 26 knitting stitches (or something like that) and it's really good for learning simple things like yarn overs and the knit and purl togethers. There's a baby afghan in there that I did and it's very pretty and super simple. A few months ago I got my courage up and made the big blue afghan on the back only I did it in a sage green color. I had to have a couple of people who know a little more about knitting than I do show me how to do a couple of the stitches but the sad thing is...they were stupid simple to begin with! Anyone could've figured them out. I guess they were just too simple for me.

When's the next KAL?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 12:08pm
I used to have so much trouble with k1, p1 ribs and seed stitches...I can't count the number of times I've had to frog a project because of mis-counting.

Jenn