ANyone have the Knit Picks needles?

iVillage Member
ANyone have the Knit Picks needles?
Sun, 05-24-2009 - 9:44am

I have been looking around for a LONG needle to do the magic loop technique for socks, (one very long circ) and came upon the knit picks needles, they have singles but also an interchangeable system. i ordered a single, to see if i like them, but i am planning on splurging on some of the interchangeables. they seem to get good reviews!!

my only concern is that i am a 'pusher', i push off the tip of the needle, and these are sharp, so i will be building up a calous, lol. oh wwell, i did for quilting, it is about time i build it up again i guess ;o)

any reviews on these??
http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/knitting_needles.html

JennyJ8nny

Tighe
Kids
Ninja US

with Dh Tighe, 5 yo Jane, 2.5 yo Edgar Basil (Gerb), and Baby #3 EDD June/July

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

+ Jenny +

Dh Tighe
6.5 yo DD Jane
4 yo DS Edgar
1.5 yo DS Hugo
Baby #4 due 08/14/11

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-24-2009 - 11:19am

I love my Knit Picks nickle plated dpns.

Jenn 

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-24-2009 - 12:07pm

Thanks for responding!! So let me know how you like the circ! I am excited to try the magic loop method, but i have never made socks so i will use regular circs first to get the hang of it. (2 socs on 2 circs i think? or maybe start with one, i dont want to frustrate myself, LOL)

i have known how to knit forever, and every once in a while i get into it, but i do NOT have a huge knitting needle collection by any means, so i am RIPE for buying this set, LMBO!!! ;-)

So have you ever done the Magic loop?? I got a size 2 47" needle, and lovely sock yarn.

I plan on trying it with size 5 or 6 needles (47" interchangeable) and worsted weight later, if i can figure out the technique,. Otherwise, i will just have a VERY long size 2 needle, lying around LOL i suppose i would be making a very fine gauge afghan with that needle for now on, LOL!!!

JennyJ8nny

Tighe
Kids
Ninja US

with Dh Tighe, 5 yo Jane, 2.5 yo Edgar Basil (Gerb), and Baby #3 EDD June/July

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket