Mistake on the 'mistake rib'

iVillage Member
Mistake on the 'mistake rib'
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 9:37am

LOL Oh i must be the worst knitter EVER. i am trying to make a baby blanket (just started, and restarted it several times, and have 5 weeks to go, think i'll finish it?? NO!!!!)

it is a pattern i am just dreaming up as i go along - (i am one of those people who do not like to follow a pattern, or i MUSt change it, LOL.) It is a mistake rib border --probably not a good idea to have ribbing as the border, but then again i am the worst knitter ever ;-)... and then checkerboard in the body of the blank i think. Or maybe a king charles brocade diamond pattern, i forget what i planned. (changed my own pattern, that is, LOL.)

anyway, for the "mistake rib", i already made mistakes, and i only have 6 rows knitted!!! Some how i accidentally increased 3 times (when NO increases were called for, not sure HOW that happened) so my stitch count is totally off, there is NO lovely mistake rib pattern showing up, LMBO.

I decreased the proper anmount of stitches and the pattern is SOMEWHAT back on track.....but let's just say it is Not coming out as planned ;-)

OH WELL, i guess i am still enjoying myself. But anyway, WDYT?? Just a jumbled mess, huh? ;-)

Photobucket

JennyJ8nny

Tighe
Kids
Ninja US

with Dh Tighe, 5 yo Jane, 2.5 yo Edgar Basil (Gerb), and Baby #3 EDD June/July

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

+ Jenny +

Dh Tighe
6.5 yo DD Jane
4 yo DS Edgar
1.5 yo DS Hugo
Baby #4 due 08/14/11

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 2:05pm

Interestingly enough, it looks good.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 2:15pm

Yes, thanks - that is how i started, LOL i CO 187 (4x46 +3), ans as you said, proceeded to K2, P2 until the last 3, then K2P1. (repeat)but by the time i made it to 4 rows, i counted and had 190 stitches!!!

i must have YO'ed inadvertently when i was switching from knit to purl ( i am using circulars, so that could have happened pretty easily i think??)

I think it happened again between row 5 and 6 ARGH!! i am going to get some of those flexible ring stitch markers, and mark one every 10 stitches or so, so i can stop and count every once in a while, becuase i absolutely cannot keep straight if i should be knitting or purling, just based on the previous row's stich, KWIM?? It is not like you ALWASY knit on a knit or alwasy knit on a purl, with that plus-3 cast on.

I do stop and check every several stitches to make sure i have K2, P2, and i alwassy have, but i just dont know where these increaswes are happening< LOL!!!!

OH well, it is still not a bad looking piece of knitting i guess. ;-)

Thanks again!

JennyJ8nny

Tighe
Kids
Ninja US

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

+ Jenny +

Dh Tighe
6.5 yo DD Jane
4 yo DS Edgar
1.5 yo DS Hugo
Baby #4 due 08/14/11

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-26-2009 - 2:17pm
BTW, can i use your knitphomaniac blinkie?? i have had such a hard time finding knitting blinkies!!! any sources?? TIA!

JennyJ8nny

Tighe
Kids
Ninja US

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket