I pledge, you pledge - let's get healthy

iVillage Member
I pledge, you pledge - let's get healthy
Tue, 04-13-2010 - 5:03pm

A few days back, I posted about the GE Pledge for Better Health Wall to share the concept with all of you. Today, I'm back again, but with a challenge ...

Over the weekend, I worked outside in my yard instead of sitting on my duff playing on the computer. The fresh air and exercise did me a world of good; I slept better than I have in months! The older I get, the more I realize just how important it is to maintain healthy goals, for me and my family. For me personally, this means eat healthier and moving more...lots more!  Since I'm the type of person who has to verbalize my goals and can use a LOT of encouragement, I figured where better to turn than our communities. ;-)

And since National Women's Health Weeks kicks off on Mother's Day, I thought it would be fun to challenge all of you to join in with your pledge on the wall, share it here on the board and let's see if we can encourage each other to build a healthier future for ourselves and our families!

Who's game?

I pledge to spend at least an hour out doors each day, even if it's just walking around my yard. Eating more veggies will be a pleasure once my garden comes in; I can't wait for fresh home grown tomatoes again. I could use some suggestions on what else to plant; I'll be tilling the ground this weekend, if the weather holds!

CMBren
Sr. Community Moderator
Beauty & Style, Entertainment & Main
Email | iVillage.com
Beauty & Style Boards | Entertainment Boards | Main Boards
About our Boards | Customer Support | Tech Update

Pssst!... Have you heard the latest?
Celebrity spotlights and Hollywood highlights await on
Celebrity Chatter

Click for Friendship & Fun!

I PLEDGED, WILL YOU?

What makes you happy? Show us!