Eat a mix of fruit and veggies....

iVillage Member
Eat a mix of fruit and veggies....
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 5:28am

to lower lung cancer risk. 

What does the produce bin in your refrigerator look like?
Is it the same each week or something different all the time? 

http://www.ivillage.com/eat-mix-fruits-vegetables-lower-lung-cancer-risk/4-a-274449

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 6:40pm

What does the produce bin in your refrigerator look like?
Is it the same each week or something different all the time?

-> I have pears, peaches, nectarines, Granny Smith apples, raspberries, blueberries, plums. Career Girl and I like our fruit cold. Fruit bowl have Gala or Fuji apples for hubby as he likes his fruit room temp and I just tossed a couple of *dead* bananas. Also, there was a cantaloupe that I cut up and served to hubby, son and girlfriend on Saturday.

I try to stick with the standards (apples) and switch up the other fruit to add some variety. Once in a while the family will find kiwi, strawberries, mangoes, grapefruit or oranges.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-08-2010 - 10:59am
My dh likes room temp fruit too,,, also room temp water and not so cold milk when he drinks some.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 1:04am

I keep a variety and buy different fruits...cold...right now I have oranges, peaches, plums, strawberries, and purple muscadines--discovered in the fence line we are cleaning out (lol)! And frozen blueberries from our bushes.

The only thing I keep on the counter are bananas and tomatoes--once I cut a tomato it goes in the fridge, but they lose their flavor when cold IMO--I like Roma because I can eat the whole tomato.

Veggies: I have baby carrots, celery, variety of lettuces, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, mushrooms.

Michelle/mica_ga

Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.

--Rubin, Theodore Isaac

Michelle/mica_ga

Kindness is more important than wisdom,

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 10:25am

Do you think it is a *woman thing* liking beverages/fruits/veggies cold from the fridge? My daughter is the same way and yet her dad likes to have room temperature salad, dairy products and fruit tepid *shudder*.

I have to have water ice cold.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 1:31pm
I totally agree that toms lose their flavour when kept in the fridge.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 1:33pm

I used to drink my soda and water ice cold, but after coming here where ice is not served in drinks at all,, I got used to drinking them al clim..

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 3:02pm

I usually a wide variety of veggies & fruit. As of right now I have organic carrots, green peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes...spinach, onions, variety of lettuces, asparagus. maybe next week I may add broccoli, butternut squash, freash green beans, cabbage ( for cabbage rolls)baby carrots..for the lil ones, to munch on raw !

In fruit bin... apples, nectarines, strawberries, ALWAYS, blueberries, kiwi..huge green seedless grapes, cantalope....always banana's on the counter......I also have to have my fruit room temp....no watermelon this week !

I Love fruit & Veggies...I also have a vast selection of frozen veggies too !!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 4:59pm
They also like it *hot, hot, hot!* ;-)
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 12:58pm

I keep bananas and apples in bowls on the counter all year round and we eat them every day. We

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 4:46pm

I also drink tap water,, ours is quite good,

Pages